Drums Along the Rockies

I was not booing the kids and if you'd paid attention to my post at all you would see that I actually really enjoyed the show ... musically. I was merely booing the score that the judges gave them. There is a difference. I fully respect anyone who has the ability to march drum corps ... members of Blue Devils included.

I can't imagine what the kids on the field were thinking. They announce them in 2nd in 08 and the crowd goes insane. THat's got to hurt. They come back ###### and ready for action, dominate all year, and then hear booing when their score is announced.

It doesn't matter what you intentions were. From the field, it all sounds the same. Booing is completely inexcusable.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok let's see....I'm sitting on the crapper right now...let me stand up! OK, CLOSING MY EYES.....sitting down. YUP made it! Let me do it again .....slowly..... YUP MADE IT AGAIN! :smile:

Congratulations on marching an 11th place corps. Your jealousy and complete inability to understand the demands that go into todays' shows really shines through.

Go to a football field, put a chair down.... get a step infront of the chair. Now go 10 yards away, march at 170ish and plant your behind firmly in it (with confidence and swagger) while playing. Harder then you think. I'm sure you NEVER missed your dot :smile:

Dude did you see our drill? Our dots were all over the place. Our visual package looked like Rocky's face after he fought the Russian.

Congratulations on marching an 11th place corps. Your jealousy and complete inability to understand the demands that go into todays' shows really shines through.

Congrats on not having the testicular fortitude to post which corps you marched with. :smile:

I can't imagine what the kids on the field were thinking. They announce them in 2nd in 08 and the crowd goes insane. THat's got to hurt. They come back ###### and ready for action, dominate all year, and then hear booing when their score is announced.

It doesn't matter what you intentions were. From the field, it all sounds the same. Booing is completely inexcusable.

And there's not a single decent person in the stands who doesn't just roll their eyes when they witness it.

Moments like that happen every year at finals, sadly.

This man is angry...

adam-baldwin.jpg

...angry about DRUM CORPS

I was not booing the kids and if you'd paid attention to my post at all you would see that I actually really enjoyed the show ... musically. I was merely booing the score that the judges gave them. There is a difference. I fully respect anyone who has the ability to march drum corps ... members of Blue Devils included.

How do the performers or anyone around you know that you are booing the judges and not the corp? Unfortunately, booing is indiscriminate. Best not to do it...

How did the Troop do tonight? Their show gave me some tears at the Clovis show- I just LOVE their music- especially their ballad. Glad the Blue Knights are doing a bit lighter music this year- it's a show that I will want to listen to over and over.......

Has anyone seen the Mandarins this year? They are taking a chance with some heavy electronics, but I think it really works.

(listening to Cavies 2009 btw :smile: )

Dude did you see our drill? Our dots were all over the place. Our visual package looked like Rocky's face after he fought the Russian.

As someone who marched a couple of years of corps, if you can't recognize the demand and difficulty that went into BD's show last year, you are either borderline ######## or just one of those people that marches multiple years of corps but doesn't recognize that demand goes beyond how high the tempos are (which, FYI, BD marched at a faster tempo than anyone in DCI in 2009 - 236) and how hard you want to make the drill look. Synchronicity is difficult, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that since the corps you marched never actually got clean.