Most impressive "reign of terror" in corps history

which corps had the most impressive reign of titles won and damage done?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the "godzilla" award for most carnage?

• BD 76-82, 5 titles in 7 years
    • Garfield 83-87, 4 titles in 5 years
    • Star 90-93, 1 title but dominated strongly
    • Cavies 00-06, 5 titles in 7 years (and second place twice)
    • BD 07-10, 2 titles in 3 years, strong for a third so far
    • BD 94-99, 4 titles in 6 years
    • SCV 73-78, 3 titles in 6 years, a true "founding father" of DCI

It's all in the interpretation of the question . . .I read "carnage, etc." as fall-out from said groups effecting change on the rest of the activity, while others may look at it purely from a competitive or scoring viewpoint.

Guess that's why we're all right, no matter who we choose. :thumbup:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavaliers '00 - '07. I wasn't around for anything pre-2000. Cavaliers were just on top of their game. It was close for me though considering BD's recent streak. They could very well have had a three-peat and be on their way to a four-peat had it not been for 2008's surprise ending.

It's all in the interpretation of the question . . .I read "carnage, etc." as fall-out from said groups effecting change on the rest of the activity, while others may look at it purely from a competitive or scoring viewpoint.

Good point. And Garfield probably gets the "carnage" award for the physical toll their marching members must have gone through in executing those demanding drills in those first years ~

This.

Based on competition alone, I'd have to go with the Cavies 00-07

It should be BD 76 - 86.......how many losses did they have in those years, 12 - 15 ??

G

AGREE!

It's either BD from 76 to 86, or it's Garfield from 82 - 93 (just my opinion)

"Most damage" to me means effect on other corps, show design, elements of the activity that were changed, the way staff approached teaching, etc. What the Cavaliers did in the 2000s from a competitive standpoint is as good as it gets.

But the Blue Devils have established their dominance of a good activity with strong competitors, and they have done this over the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s. NO CORPS CAN SAY THIS!

Garfield, to their credit, changed the direction of music and motion and design in a way that truly re-directed and re-branded DCI, not just their own shows.

I would have listed those dates a bit differently, but I definitely see what the OP was after.

Voted Cavies without a second's hesitation. They were, without a doubt, THE corps of the 00's.

(just how are we to refer to the first decade of 2000? Do we actually call it "The Zeros"?)

George Hopkins.

Wait, what?

:thumbup:

Edited by AlexL

Cavies - Star doesn't belong ion the list.

had to vote Cavies.

tie for 1st, 2 firsts, a 2nd, first, second, first....really a streak thats beyond impressive