Most impressive "reign of terror" in corps history

which corps had the most impressive reign of titles won and damage done?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the "godzilla" award for most carnage?

• BD 76-82, 5 titles in 7 years
    • Garfield 83-87, 4 titles in 5 years
    • Star 90-93, 1 title but dominated strongly
    • Cavies 00-06, 5 titles in 7 years (and second place twice)
    • BD 07-10, 2 titles in 3 years, strong for a third so far
    • BD 94-99, 4 titles in 6 years
    • SCV 73-78, 3 titles in 6 years, a true "founding father" of DCI

I have to vote BD....not to shirk the other guys, but I think a lot of us are looking only at the DCI Ring count...the last time BD placed lower than 5th was the 9th place in 1974. For their entire DCI history (Starting with their first trip to Nats in 1973)...13 times 1st place, 2nd 7 times, 3rd 8 times, 4th 6 times, 5th, 9th, 24th one time each.

That's a pretty scary corps to have in your rear view mirror if you're on a good tear. Aside from the 5th place in 1991, when was the last time they took lower than 4th at ANY show (don't count 1973 or 74)

Their average finals placement is 3.05....remove the 24th place in 73 and it's 2.47. Remove the 9th in 74 and it's 2.29.

Edited by 84BDsop

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If BD goes unbeaten this year than i think 07-10 could be the most impressive. Last season BD accomplished something no corps had in the past. They went 3 straight seasons scoring 98 or higher. 98.0 in 07, 98.100 in 08, and 99.05 last year. And it certainly looks like they are on a their way to a fourth straight year of scoring 98 or higher. Also if they are able to go unbeaten this season, they will have a record of 100-8 since the start of the 07 season, and 51-0 in 2009 and 2010.

Well, yeah, but that's a tautology isn't it?

Indeed!

Nothing changed as a result though. Heck, BD was still doing symetical drill in 1984.

Which makes me say to the designers who design these exotic esoteric run around type shows, why can't you incorporate the old school symmettry with new school speed and creativity? Would be awesome to have mirrored images of some of the moves corps make now days.

I have to vote BD....not to shirk the other guys, but I think a lot of us are looking only at the DCI Ring count...the last time BD placed lower than 5th was the 9th place in 1974. For their entire DCI history (Starting with their first trip to Nats in 1973)...13 times 1st place, 2nd 7 times, 3rd 8 times, 4th 6 times, 5th, 9th, 24th one time each.

That's a pretty scary corps to have in your rear view mirror if you're on a good tear. Aside from the 5th place in 1991, when was the last time they took lower than 4th at ANY show (don't count 1973 or 74)

Their average finals placement is 3.05....remove the 24th place in 73 and it's 2.47. Remove the 9th in 74 and it's 2.29.

And if you take away all their losses they would be undefeated........ :lol:

Reading hasn't lost a show since Labor Day, 2004, when they were third at DCA Championships. Yes, 2004.

Game, set, and match.

Although Reading has faced several capable contenders , the level of said contenders is nowhere near that of the DCI corps both in numbers of high level corps and number of competitions the DCI corps have faced them in

Im a huge fan of the Blue Devils, but the arrogance of the some of the Blue Devils alums/fans in this particular thread is a little unnerving.

I personally agree that the Blue Devils have pretty much owned DCI for the past 35 or so years, but some of the people who agree with me make it sound like the other corps in the poll had it easy so their accomplishments dont count.

My vote is for the Blue Devils, but I think they only manage to slip by both the Cavaliers and the Cadets for different reasons.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to start a flame war, I'm not. I guess I'm just surprised that this has turned into a %$%#$ match.