ExSIGHTment of Sound Houston Shows

No kidding! Klein used to be one of the best, I have a friend who grew up there and it's sad that it has fell so far...

Back on topic... what's the thing the Cavaliers are doing at 2:30pm on Friday? I haven't seen or heard anything about that...

From http://www.dci.org/learn:

Live Learning Event: The Cavaliers

Presented by the Cavaliers in conjunction with the DCI Houston Premier Event

Date: Friday, July 23, 2:30 p.m. CT

Venue: The Berry Center

Admission: FREE with ticket to evening event

The Cavaliers will offer students and band directors the opportunity to join corps instructors as they provide insight into how they teach and prepare the corps for performance. Clinicians will take attendees through the various parts of a typical rehearsal day and give participants a “behind the scenes” look into how the corps rehearses.

Participants will see the Cavaliers approach to teaching marching fundamentals, percussion, color guard, brass, and ensemble rehearsal. In addition, clinicians will engage in a series of question and answer sessions throughout the day to give students and teachers an opportunity to gain further insight into the corps' rehearsal techniques.

Key Clinicians: Scott-Lee Atchison, Fuller Lyon

Housing updates include:

Troopers - Magnolia HS, Magnolia

Madison Scouts - The Woodlands College Park HS, The Woodlands

1488 FM 1488

What are the odds of that?

Mandarins - Bammel MS/Westfield HS, Houston

I know there must be a decent place to stay but in this city it's hit and miss. One minute you are in a good area - the next you might get stabbed by many of the stupid gang bangers that have infested the area. I really HATE Houston!

Gang bangers in the 4th largest city in the U.S.? NO WAY!!! I know some dainty chicks who will offer you ample protection while mocking you for being such a puss.

By the way, Cypress isn't in Houston so you don't have to worry about the schizophrenic neighborhood boundaries...there will be plenty of buffer between you and the ghetto there.

Oh yeah I agree those places are way better... I attended Klein Forest High School and I did a little research of the school and it started out very clean then it went down hill and is now the "getto" of the Klein schools. What a shame... I am hoping and praying that these other places don't end up like my high school

Chances are a bunch of large apartment complexes opened near your school. It doesn't take long for a decent complex to turn trashy if the management sucks. It just takes one to bring down the property values and then they fall like dominoes.

What are the odds of that?

WHOOPS! Holy typo, Batman! Here's the correct street address, still the same school:

Troopers

Magnolia HS

14530 FM 1488

Magnolia, TX

I live in Clear Lake City - it's a VERY nice area but about an hour or more from the venue....

Wow. I was born and raised in Seabrook. My sister lives in Clear Lake City. I'll be staying with her Tuesday-Thursday nights. Small world!

Chances are a bunch of large apartment complexes opened near your school. It doesn't take long for a decent complex to turn trashy if the management sucks. It just takes one to bring down the property values and then they fall like dominoes.

Well their are no new ones but a bunch of old ones. Like I said its a shame... and being an alumni of Klein Forest I can't help but be more and more worried about the future of that area. But anyways back on topic who else plans on going to the show? I have been checking the weather like almost every hour of the day and yesterday was something like 60% chance and as of right now they dropped it to 30% :tongue: Thats a huge plus!

Will be there this year for the first time. :tongue:

Looks like a nice stadium. Here's praying for good weather! I'll be in Hattiesburg the next Wednesday. I figure between the two I should get my show fix for the year since I'm not going to finals while its in the oil can.

Will be there this year for the first time. :tongue:

Looks like a nice stadium. Here's praying for good weather! I'll be in Hattiesburg the next Wednesday. I figure between the two I should get my show fix for the year since I'm not going to finals while its in the oil can.

It's an excellent drum corps stadium. I can't wait until next Thursday!

As of a minute ago the forecast for next Thursday and Friday in Cypress, TX is high in the low 90's and lows in the mid 70s with a 30% chance of rain.

(Having been born and raised in Houston, living there until my mid 20's and still having family there, that's basically the forecast just about every single day in the summer unless there's a tropical system on the way. The temp sometimes goes up to the mid 90's and the rain chance goes down to 10%, but that's about all the variance there is.)