ExSIGHTment of Sound Houston Shows

It's an excellent drum corps stadium. I can't wait until next Thursday!

As of a minute ago the forecast for next Thursday and Friday in Cypress, TX is high in the low 90's and lows in the mid 70s with a 30% chance of rain.

(Having been born and raised in Houston, living there until my mid 20's and still having family there, that's basically the forecast just about every single day in the summer unless there's a tropical system on the way. The temp sometimes goes up to the mid 90's and the rain chance goes down to 10%, but that's about all the variance there is.)

Yeah should be a great two nights of shows. I was looking at the weather yesterday and it was at 60% then dropped 30%. I then remembered how bi polar the weather is in Houston. Hot summers then (in recent years) snow in the winter... Oh I love Texas! :tongue:

I got a room at the Marriott in Katy right off I-10 through priceline for $44/night. Less than 15 miles to the show. There was an area that was closer but I also have a client to see in downtown so this location seems perfect.

The hotel looks nice - regular price is $109. Marriott Just booked this today.

(To get this on priceline, I did a name your own price, picked Houston and selected area #10 for West Houston. The bid $44 for a 3.5 star hotel.)

Last year I stayed at Candlewood Suites 19998 PARK ROW DRIVE KATY, TX 77449 at their regular price of $68/night. I remember it being very nice. Looks like it is a wee bit closer than the Marriott.

I bit the bullet and got a room at the Homewood suites about 5 miles away. Close enough to the stadium and to the best Mexican restaurant in Houston - Santa Fe Flats in Tomball. I will probably head to the Woodlands to volunteer with the Scouts for the day - hit the hotel for a shower (and stock the fridge with beer). Can't wait!

Yes I know its a week away but, I am so excited for the shows! Sadly I can only attend one show this year (I picked the Friday show for the cavies of course) but if anyone has any idea where these great corps are practicing at that would be amazing to know! So... anyone in Texas going to these awesome shows?

I know Bluecoats will be in Brenham, and of course I'm going to Thursday's performance and the Sunday show in San Antonio. It'll be the first time I'll have seen the boy all summer.

Austin, Texas here, by the way...

Edited by CoatsContraDad

Yes I know its a week away but, I am so excited for the shows! Sadly I can only attend one show this year (I picked the Friday show for the cavies of course) but if anyone has any idea where these great corps are practicing at that would be amazing to know! So... anyone in Texas going to these awesome shows?

I know Bluecoats will be in Brenham, and of course I'm going to Thursday's performance and the Sunday show in San Antonio. It'll be the first time I'll have seen the boy all summer.

Austin, Texas here, by the way...

Thats great! Driving all the way from Austin. I have been there a couple of times nice place. Although going to UT's football stadium is kinda hard sometimes. I'm driving from Huntsville to see this show. I wish I could see the Thursday show but sadly I have work. Oh well should be a good one!

Thats great! Driving all the way from Austin. I have been there a couple of times nice place. Although going to UT's football stadium is kinda hard sometimes. I'm driving from Huntsville to see this show. I wish I could see the Thursday show but sadly I have work. Oh well should be a good one!

All the way from Austin? You know better than that! It's DRUM CORPS! And it's TEXAS. Everything is far away! You know that! :ph34r:

I'm driving from Austin to Houston, back to Austin then up to Dallas, then back through Austin to San Antonio before heading home late on Sunday. Whee!

Looks like the local TV stations are calling for 30-40% chance of rain on Thursday and 20-30% on Friday. I know it's early, but after seeing what happened in Minneapolis tonight it makes me nervous!

Looks like the local TV stations are calling for 30-40% chance of rain on Thursday and 20-30% on Friday. I know it's early, but after seeing what happened in Minneapolis tonight it makes me nervous!

Glad I haven't bought my tickets yet.

I just experienced THE loudest thunderstorm and brightest light show I've ever heard or seen. Plenty of rain as well

Forecast for this week:

470_268_100718021432.jpeg

Edited by skajerk

I honestly think the show will be fine. Besides if anyone went through Hurricane Ike compare that to what happened tonight :ph34r:

Not saying that the storm was a push over but Ike scared the crap out of me.

And I just went to the weather channel and the chance of rain on Friday goes down during the day, here is the link

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/77433?dayNum=6

Edited by Hook'emCavies

All the way from Austin? You know better than that! It's DRUM CORPS! And it's TEXAS. Everything is far away! You know that! :ph34r:

I'm driving from Austin to Houston, back to Austin then up to Dallas, then back through Austin to San Antonio before heading home late on Sunday. Whee!

whoa!! wow you must me loaded with cash!! :ph34r::worthy:

But wow thats what I call a fan!