Say something nice about a 2011 corps/show

Also, I wasn't sold on BD's show right away. And I'm not generally somebody who "warms up" to shows after multiple viewings. But watching BD a few times in hi-def has changed my mind. It's brilliant.

I feel the same way.Those kids sure know how to perform.

• Like 2

I feel the same way.Those kids sure know how to perform.

That's not only a nice comment about a corps but also a very gracious way of putting it. My wish is that more people see it this way.

• Like 1

SCV's music book has grown on me tremendously since the season ended. It is now among my top 3 favorites from 2010, along with BD and Bluecoats.

Agreed! I can't listen enough to BD, Bluecoats (especially), and SCV's shows! Great, great music books! Also, I very much enjoyed Academy's show this year... as well as Pacific Crest's. I can't wait to see what these two corps have to offer for 2011!

While on tour, my personal hype was Teal Sound.

I marched somewhere, somewhere a bit "higher up" than Teal Sound. One day, we woke up at the school we were at around, say, 8 am, having got in pretty late the preceding night. It was extremely hot outside, the practice field was very far away, and no one wanted to do anything. When we get over to the practice field, we learn that Teal Sound is using a neighboring field and is in that last hour of their ensemble block, which means they've been awake and rehearsing for at least 3 or 4 hours. They then left and went to the show around the time we started rehearsing. There's a rant in there somewhere about how the performance schedule in drum corps reinforces scoring and discourages movement due to lack of time, but my point is that Teal Sound is cool. We had our truck pulled up to theirs and we played In the Presence of Enemies out of our speakers for them.

• Like 1

I really really really really really loved Blue Coats opener "160bpm by Hanz Zimmer!" They definitely did Zimmer justice!! (and that's very hard to do!)

They should do "Chevaliers de Sangriel", also by Zimmer, which has many of the motifs as "160 bpm".

By the last minute, it's pretty amazing:

In the interest of letting current marching members know that what they do is valued, I wanted to bump this thread. You all deserve it.

Glassmen had a fantastic show design this year, IMO. All choices were spot on. The members obviously loved what they were performing. A big thanks for your dedication.

Dittos for Boston. You played the ever living #### out of Shostakovich. No easy task. Thank you.

bump.

My "random" mp3 player always seems to play "Silver Lining" by Cascades.

I have no connection to the corps, yet I can't find the heart to not listen to the whole show, every time it comes up, usually once every-other day.

I enjoy the show a ton, and the beginning synth solo of "Tomorrow" from Annie is beautiful, and then the tone shifts, and you just have to listen to the rest of the show.

It's pretty awesome.

It's proof that there is so much talent in ALL our corps...and I can't wait for prelims this year to show off the open class corps to the "world class" crowd.

Goodluck to all. :smile:

Cavs Mad World BLEW MY MIND.

Crown's brass was beautiful...

After Phantom 09, I was feeling kinda sketchy about 2010.....but I was pleasantly surprised, it was amazing!

Madison.....wow. :thumbup:

Academy's brass was great, and the body moves were pretty cool as well.

Overall, amazing season :)