Showdown in SA-Town

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. I think it's time we bring back that old "waiting for scores" DCP tradition:

STUPID STATE/CITY LAWS!

In San Antonio, it's illegal for both sexes to flirt or respond to flirtation using the eyes and/or hands.

This will be my first time in Allentown since I marched there in 2000, so I'm looking SOOOOOOOOOO forward to it!

come say hi!

I'm envious, I hear Allentown is kinda a DCI "Mecca"...for me its Camp Randall, Madison...a real drum corps heaven.,

I had intended to go the San Antonio for the regional, but when I heard it was moved from the AlamoDome to two days in the heat and humidity of Texas, along with fighting oncoming attacks from their state bird: Mosquitoes, I simply could not exposed this old CorpsRelic body to such and onslaught.

The best part is spending the day in the park watching the corps warm up..no hot asphalt to stand on,sit on the grass by the water and enjoy them!

I love it at Allentown. So close to the end of the year that most of the corps have all the changes in and there are many great places to eat that the dcp fans always fill you in on! I personally stay in Bethlehem and eat at a diner called the Golden View! OMG,the food is sooooo gooood!

Best part of Allentown: you can walk to Crown's rehearsal site from JB Crum :)

I have to say that BOTH Allentown and Camp Randall were the best places I've ever been to for drum corps in terms of a great responsive audience...It just adds to the whole experience IMO.

I will second that. Saw a show in 1991 or 1992 (preview of champions) and 2006 Finals at Camp Randall and Allentown in 2008. Both are the best I have been to.

OK. I think it's time we bring back that old "waiting for scores" DCP tradition:

STUPID STATE/CITY LAWS!

In San Antonio, it's illegal for both sexes to flirt or respond to flirtation using the eyes and/or hands.

Oh,I love it when you guys do this..give us more!

STUPID STATE/CITY LAWS!

Yes...YES... that Sky Ryder guy used to do it all the time last season...hilarious.

STUPID STATE/CITY LAWS!

Iowa-

One-armed piano players must perform for free.