Denton, TX

I'm curious about what the judges are saying they want to see from them - seems like visual is holding them back mostly now? Personally, I feel some of the choices with the guard uniforms/flags are adding to the clutter, but I doubt they're going to rethink all that at this point. Of course, they've made huge changes to other shows in August in the past, so who knows?

Clutter aside, the judges still feel they're not individually marching well and not spinning well.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious about what the judges are saying they want to see from them - seems like visual is holding them back mostly now? Personally, I feel some of the choices with the guard uniforms/flags are adding to the clutter, but I doubt they're going to rethink all that at this point. Of course, they've made huge changes to other shows in August in the past, so who knows?

Which almost scares me even more.

Just more stuff to not have time to clean by August 14th....

I was really impressed with Forte. Great show!

The fan network does not do Scouts justice. Great show, and great guard theme.

Blue Stars with my favorite show of the night and perhaps the year.

I agree with an earlier poster - I'm not sure what more Cadets can add to the show. Hopkins - keep giving us fan-friendly shows regardless of placement!

I still don't think BD is going to be touched, but I wouldn't be too surprised if Cavies catch up. It's a great show, though I don't particularly like it a great deal musically. Loved the guard masks. Some tunes come along and I think "I wonder why no corps has done this before?", e.g., some Enchanted Evening by BK in 2005. Smile is one such tune.

Not impressive - the TWO fire ant piles I stepped in during pre-show warmups outside the stadium. I thought I would've learned my lesson after the first pile, but I guess I needed to try it one more time. Aside from the abundance of fire ants, GREAT stadium.

Crossmen seemed off their game compared to Dallas.

I'm feeling like the Scouts are maxing things out now.

I still enjoy the Cadets' show, but I'm not sure what else they can do with it.

Crown didn't have a major tear tonight. I think their best moments are in the opener; the show meanders from there.

I did NOT see that at all.

CROSSMEN very Spirited performance . lots more Energy. Cleaner. good program

Scouts have lots to grow from a percussion stand point, drill lacks and show is safe but growth here.

Cadets show , best in years. Visual problems that you know they will fix. won music in S.A.

Crown , zzzzzzzzz but great brass sound.

Cadets 8.7s in visual GE? WTH?

Cadets 8.7s in visual GE? WTH?

Yeah, the show certainly oozes effect, but maybe it's too....unorganized? cluttered? busy? not enough of it? I think Tumbler's is still generally ineffective, but what about the rest of the show?

Yeah, the show certainly oozes effect, but maybe it's too....unorganized? cluttered? busy? not enough of it? I think Tumbler's is still generally ineffective, but what about the rest of the show?

I think the focus on Jeffrey's journey is somewhat limiting. I know the Cadets have an affinity for character-driven shows, but I feel like a more general approach would have lent more opportunity for growth.

I think the focus on Jeffrey's journey is somewhat limiting. I know the Cadets have an affinity for character-driven shows, but I feel like a more general approach would have lent more opportunity for growth.

That's a good point. Without him in the spotlight, they could play more with the soldier movements, etc. rather than be put in the role of background props to his storyline.

That's good stuff.

Actually, when I heard the title of the show, I thought about the Steadfast Tin Soldier sequence in Fantasia 2000 and was hoping that was the direction for the theme. I'm mostly cool with what they're doing (though Jeff gets in the way), but I think the tin soldier idea could've gone farther.

As for visual GE, I don't get exactly why they're lagging so much. I mean, to me, this is a traditional Cadets show. And why would this lag in visual GE when others before it generally didn't? Colorguard performance could be hindering visual GE, I suppose.