Official 2010 DCI Finals "Post Game" Thread . . .

I don't appreciate people trying to tell me what to do. I booed for a reason which was deleted by mods so get over it

However, I did not participate in the "blue devils suck" chant outside the stadium.

Well, it's comforting to know that you'll boo the winner.... but you'll stop short of participating in coordinated slurs and chants. It's good to know you have a least SOME standards of " decency " where you'll apparently draw the line. (haha)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great year! I ended up enjoying all Corps performances in one way or another

and a couple shows just blew me away! What I liked best about 2010 (as stated by Sully the other night),

is that there was a lot more diversity in the programming this season. I hope that's a trend that continues! :smile:

CONGRATULATIONS BD! 2 UNDEFEATED SEASONS!?

THANK YOU, BD, FOR BRINGING A SPECTACULAR PRODUCTION THIS YEAR. To me, "Through A Glass, Darkly" is the best drum corps show ever. Period.

AND, CONGRATULATIONS TO BDB ON ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP!

Of course, great job to all the corps this season. It was a pleasure to attend finals. Best show I've ever been to, by far. Can't wait till next year!

Congrats Blue Devils!

You had a great show, were the best all year, and were the best when it really counted in the end.

Fantastic job by the kids, and by the staff.

CONGRATULATIONS BD! 2 UNDEFEATED SEASONS!?

THANK YOU, BD, FOR BRINGING A SPECTACULAR PRODUCTION THIS YEAR. To me, "Through A Glass, Darkly" is the best drum corps show ever. Period.

AND, CONGRATULATIONS TO BDB ON ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP!

Of course, great job to all the corps this season. It was a pleasure to attend finals. Best show I've ever been to, by far. Can't wait till next year!

And but for SCVC beating BDB at their very last meeting, your sig banner would have to be updated!

Random Post-Season Thoughts:

Bluecoats, you had my favorite show this year. Thanks for that. Easily the best brass book on the field and you played it well! Keep up the good work.

Phantom: Thank you Paul Rennick, for being Paul Rennick.

Blue Stars: How awesome were YOU? What a show you guys put on. Best mellos too. Wow.

Blue Devils: Huge props (har!) to you for number 14. This show was truly a visual treat for me. I hope next year the music book engages me as much as the visual program did. Then you will truly be unstoppable.

Just got back from Lucas Oil and enjoying some late night Steak 'n Shake at my hotel.

This was a good year. A lot of good shows and almost every corps was better on Saturday than on Friday, regardless of what the scores say.

I hope those that followed it enjoyed my twitter updates. I was Section 140, Row 1, Seat 8, right behind the drum major podium.

I'd like to part with this: I don't always agree with the man, but I'll never question his dedication to the activity... there was only ONE World Class corps director that came out to watch Blue Devils B's exhibition performance at the start of the night: George Hopkins. Very impressed to see that.

Congrats to the Blue Devils, and best wishes and good thoughts to the Crown mello player.

Thanks Phantom for creating a tear jerking moment.

Thanks Madison for showing the activity that old school is still cool loved the "Boy Scout Hankies" all that was missing was some spats. Also my car speakers are already crying for mercy in advance of the recordings.

What a great season and I had a blast the last 2 1/2 weeks.

Scouts . . .welcome back. Can't even imagine what 2011 will hold for you.

BK . . .another one for the CD; best BK since 2006, IMO.

Crown . . .best horn charts in years, IMO. Hope I don't blow my speakers out!

BD . . .I thought you were scored too low. Visual marks were earned.

Coats . . .electronics done right? I'll go there. I think I can safely say that it was, at the very least, the best integration we've seen so far.

i have to say i was sold on blue devils after all was said and done! especially when i met Jarrod, who is ironically from PA but their "number one fan"...this kid is all set to be a blue devil quad player--but he has a few years left just yet!!! lol they already want him to be in the C corps! anyway this kid was treated like a celebrity by the quad players and one of the staff and clearly his whole year was made! CLASS ACT blue devils! i was super impressed!