2010 Bluecoats Baritone Solo

Great solo, and a great year.

You made this Alumnus very proud.

Congratulations, and welcome to the world of Aged out Bluecoats.

Now you get to sit back and watch how far the next group of members can take our corps.

It was special when we made finals in 87 & 88, and I loved watching the corps climb the ranks after I aged out.

Now you got the first medal for the corps, let's see them move up to take the ring.

geTbys-1.jpg

Here is the Baritone solo from Asphalt Cocktail that I played. Isn't EXACTLY as Doug wrote it, but I put my own spin on a few measures.

Try it out! It was an incredible experience working on and playing throughout the season.

That hurts just looking at it. :sad: Thanks for posting it, I haven't seen or heard the show but will have to try this out.... after I drop it an octave for my chops.....

No BigW I'm not going to try it (as written)... But knowing you and reading your comments I have a better feel for this beast.... :thumbup:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

The OP has some serious talent! I can only imagine how incredible that solo would have sounded without the badly designed electronic enhancement. Let him play without the electronic crutch!

The OP has some serious talent! I can only imagine how incredible that solo would have sounded without the badly designed electronic enhancement. Let him play without the electronic crutch!

I don't understand this comment. How is pointing the bell of the horn at a microphone a crutch? He's still playing what is written on the paper (mostly), it's just coming out of the speakers a little different.

I don't understand this comment. How is pointing the bell of the horn at a microphone a crutch? He's still playing what is written on the paper (mostly), it's just coming out of the speakers a little different.

BECAUSE ELECTRONICS ARE EVIL1!!! DIDNT YOU KNOW THAT?????

What crutch? He was still playing that part. In your opinion it was badly designed. I loved it and many others did as well. I hope they do it more. It fit the show perfectly.

Was it just my theater, or did anyone at the quarterfinals broadcast think the octave divider effect was too low on the video? I really couldn't hear the "trumpet" part in the theater, which I was pretty disappointed about because I loved the effect. The solo was still cool, but it kind of lost something without that synth part sitting on top of it.

That's nuts.

What crutch? He was still playing that part. In your opinion it was badly designed. I loved it and many others did as well. I hope they do it more. It fit the show perfectly.

OK - maybe I should have written that differently. The kid has major chops so why couldn't they let the fans just listen to his incredible playing without miking him at all? Better?