2010 Bluecoats Baritone Solo

Cant wait to hear this, very intrigued now.

Well...one thing's for sure...

Ya ain't playing that solo on a 2 valved G bugle anytime soon....unless you can master some false tones.

Judging from how awesome he plays, he just might pull that off. :smile:

Well...one thing's for sure...

Ya ain't playing that solo on a 2 valved G bugle anytime soon....unless you can master some false tones.

That entire solo can be played on a 2V Baritone in G, transcribed at concert pitch....that is, it would sound exactly the same. (well, not exactly, since the overtones aren't the same, but every note is playable)

-) The lowest note (B-nat) would become a "low E" in treble clef, bottom line of staff.

-) 2V G Bari has a complete chromatic scale from that Low B all the way up, except for the Eb/D# major third up from there.

-) There are no middle E-flats; the (very few, only one?) high E-flats can be played 1st valve as written "high A-flat" in treble clef.

Okay, so anyone who didn't like the electronic effects added to the solo and who posts something saying so is personally attacking the actual soloist? ...

I'll leave it to your conscience whether you're attacking the individual or not. That decision pending, I can tell you that presenting such negative opinions here is without doubt an altogether selfish choice. You have the right to be selfish, of course. That doesn't mean it's right to be selfish.

This was an occasion to praise a young performer for what we all agree was a great performance. Choosing to inject a new subject at this moment is just rude. It's not as if there isn't ample opportunity to express negative opinions about the use of electronics elsewhere. Why this thread? Why not just pat this young man on his virtual back? Or if that's too much, just click to another page, perhaps one where the usual DCP crowd gathers to listen for the echoes of the past.

HH

Edited by glory

Oh wow, just looking at that sheet music makes me feel the urge to go and practice for November... :tongue:

Great solo, one of my favorite moments of the year, thanks for posting!

Absolutely loved the solo, that's for informing me of it from Gadsden.

Keep up the awesome work Patrick!

That entire solo can be played on a 2V Baritone in G, transcribed at concert pitch....that is, it would sound exactly the same. (well, not exactly, since the overtones aren't the same, but every note is playable)

-) The lowest note (B-nat) would become a "low E" in treble clef, bottom line of staff.

-) 2V G Bari has a complete chromatic scale from that Low B all the way up, except for the Eb/D# major third up from there.

-) There are no middle E-flats; the (very few, only one?) high E-flats can be played 1st valve as written "high A-flat" in treble clef.

OK.... who wants to write this bugger in the "other" clef for us G folks...... Or explain the process of transcribing.

And I mean G folks whose music knowledge ends at looking at notes and knowing what buttons... err values to push down.... :tongue: (Hey, I work with IT not the arts)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

OK.... who wants to write this bugger in the "other" clef for us G folks...... Or explain the process of transcribing.

And I mean G folks whose music knowledge ends at looking at notes and knowing what buttons... err values to push down.... :tongue: (Hey, I work with IT not the arts)

Ha. Write a program. Computers can do anything!

HH