2010 Bluecoats Baritone Solo

Would have been GREAT if we could have heard it un altered , instead of that octave divider.

Great playing though.

became one of my 3 LEAST favorite moments of 2010

1-Cavies soloists trying to scream into a mic.

2- Bluecoats bari soloist ruined by octave divider

3-Jeffrey .

Wow... do you usually try to hurt peoples feelings? I am asking an honest question... The soloist for The Cavaliers and Bluecoats really worked hard on these parts. I think what is bothering me the most is that the person who actually played it posted it on here and you have the means to bash this person. Really? I understand that its your thoughts and opinions but really come on leave the soloist alone. They ALL worked very hard this year.

Wow... do you usually try to hurt peoples feelings? I am asking an honest question... The soloist for The Cavaliers and Bluecoats really worked hard on these parts. I think what is bothering me the most is that the person who actually played it posted it on here and you have the means to bash this person. Really? I understand that its your thoughts and opinions but really come on leave the soloist alone. They ALL worked very hard this year.

Umm, which solos were difficult for Cavies? I heard high notes...but nothing difficult, lol.

Can someone post at what time on the Quarterfinal APD this solo starts?

Thanks.

Can someone post at what time on the Quarterfinal APD this solo starts?

Thanks.

9:10 - 9:30 ENJOY

The solo is OUTSTANDING and "Asphalt Cocktail" was THE BEST closer in 2010. Kudos to Doug Thrower and Tom Rarick for the great arranging they did of John Mackey's work.

BTW...John Mackey posted his personal congrats to the 'Coats on Facebook just shortly after they were announced as the bronze medalists. I'm sure he enjoyed hearing the drum corps treatment of his music and the great job Patrick did with the CLARINET solo!!!

9:10 - 9:30 ENJOY

The solo is OUTSTANDING and "Asphalt Cocktail" was THE BEST closer in 2010. Kudos to Doug Thrower and Tom Rarick for the great arranging they did of John Mackey's work.

BTW...John Mackey posted his personal congrats to the 'Coats on Facebook just shortly after they were announced as the bronze medalists. I'm sure he enjoyed hearing the drum corps treatment of his music and the great job Patrick did with the CLARINET solo!!!

Very impressive indeed. I would also like to here the original unmodified to contrast how effective the additional effect was on the original.

He said he wished we could have heard the solo unaltered, and he commended the soloist for his "geat playing." So, wanting to hear the actual sound coming directly out of the horn instead of through speakers in a modified state is somehow "bashing" the soloist? I took it as a criticism of the heavy emphasis on electronics in the show, which in some cases masked the "great playing." That's not a criticism of the soloist.

I'm just going to add my 2 cents Patrick. It has been my pleasure to watch and listen to grow as a musician and as a person. Thanks for the honor of allowing me to be your teacher and friend.

Very impressive indeed. I would also like to here the original unmodified to contrast how effective the additional effect was on the original.

I'm sure there are many musical and visual moments that several fans "wish" they could hear or see differently. What you see/hear is what the corps and staff and designers chose to present and in their opinions thought were the best way to represent what they wanted.

The soloist did an outstanding job all season, as did the corps.

Honestly, if people want to see/hear things differently, then get on staff with a corps or start you own. We should be a little more appreciative of what we do have considering the current state of the activity and how difficult it is to keep it going.

Congrats to a great Bluecoats this year!

I'm....so........not..... :worthy::music::shutup:

Seeing that music makes me wanna cry :tongue:

Well done- my favourite solo of 2010! Congrats on a great season.

geTbys-1.jpg

Here is the Baritone solo from Asphalt Cocktail that I played. Isn't EXACTLY as Doug wrote it, but I put my own spin on a few measures.

Try it out! It was an incredible experience working on and playing throughout the season.

I haven't picked up a bari in 20 + years, so naturally I took one look at the notes and crapped my pants. ####!

That is all... I'm out.