Madison Scouts 2011

Madison's "theme" shows have always been kind of to-the-point. Pirates, bullfighter, street gang (Carmen). A Spaghetti western would, I think, be a great choice! (Especially with a quick-draw showdown at the high point. Cheesy, sure, but man, that'd be fun to watch from a fan's POV.)

Mike

I don't think an ode to spaghetti westerns would necessarily be cheesy.

Seeing an adult trying to play a kid named Jeffery and running around making silly faces...now that's cheesy.

I don't think an ode to spaghetti westerns would necessarily be cheesy.

How about an ode to Clint Eastwood?

20th Anniversay of "City of Angels" ... it's broadway and with an updated drill and guard this would be a killer show! But they have got to get trumpets in the upper register to pull it off!

:rolleyes:

I was just thinking about this the other day. Nobody's touched it in a long time, and '91-'92 (especially '92, IMHO) were great shows. If Cadets can bring back WSS, Madison should be able to do this with no problem.

:worthy:

I was just thinking about this the other day. Nobody's touched it in a long time, and '91-'92 (especially '92, IMHO) were great shows. If Cadets can bring back WSS, Madison should be able to do this with no problem.

Pacific Crest played selections from City of Angels a couple of years ago.

2006 21 74.900 From the City of Angels - City of Angels * Double Talk Walk (from City of Angels) * With Every Breath I Take (from City of Angels) * I'm Nothing Without You (from City of Angels)

I believe that Madison's versions in '91 and '92 are the best two versions performed, with perhaps Dutch Boy 1991 being the third best version, followed by Pacific Crest's version at fourth. I'll give a shout out for '94 Les Etoiles Dorion Vaudreuil and West Coast Sound 2003 on the Junior front.... Gulf Coast Sound also played two selections from City of Angels in 1998.

Madison redoing this could be fun, but it has been done several times.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Cowboy Bebop!

This.

It would be way cool to see them perform Granada Smoothie or Waltz of the Mushroom Hunters

again. Both pieces are complex, but powerful jazz charts that are begging to be played again!