Madison Scouts 2011

The music on the table is great, and only played once in the history of the corps...

Well, that rules out Malaga and Malaguena . . . :smile:

Along with City of Angels, Numero Uno, Remembrance, Captain from Castile, Strawberry Soup, Ballet in Brass and a few others. . .

. . .so, discounting stuff that wouldn't make sense (like Star Wars, the Civil War stuff, the Relampago shows), that leaves us with the following likely (IMO) choices:

-Harlem Suite

-Make His Praise Glorious

-The Lemon Squeeze

. . .maybe a few others I can't think of off the top of my head.

I always though Harlem Suite was way underrated . . .and Make His Praise Glorious was a pretty bad-### OTL, too.

Guess we'll see soon enough. :worthy:

Well, that rules out Malaga and Malaguena . . . :laughing:

Along with City of Angels, Numero Uno, Remembrance, Captain from Castile, Strawberry Soup, Ballet in Brass and a few others. . .

. . .so, discounting stuff that wouldn't make sense (like Star Wars, the Civil War stuff, the Relampago shows), that leaves us with the following likely (IMO) choices:

-Harlem Suite

-The Lemon Squeeze

I always though Harlem Suite was way underrated . . .and Make His Praise Glorious was a pretty bad-### OTL, too.

Guess we'll see soon enough. :thumbup:

JC Superstar anyone? :tongue:

• Like 1

Well, that rules out Malaga and Malaguena . . . :laughing:

-Harlem Suite

-The Lemon Squeeze

Guess we'll see soon enough. :tongue:

Actually, I wouldn't mind a new spin on the 97 show.

I like the idea of going back through the Scouts' history and using music that has only been

done once before. So I really hope they open with "They're Playing our Song". That could

even be the show title - since they will be playing individual "songs".

Another piece I love is "Waltz of the Mushroom Hunters". I could see a modern version

of that working very well. Let's see, what else has only been done once....Santos,

Make His Praise, Sorcerer and the Latin, Granada Smoothie.....

Well, since this year's show went over so well, I think I'd push for another nostalgic year and go with some classic Madison latin pieces, such as Malaguena for instance.

Malaguena is SO overdone...

...any chance we could compromise and go with Malaga?

I like the idea of going back through the Scouts' history and using music that has only been

done once before. So I really hope they open with "They're Playing our Song". That could

even be the show title - since they will be playing individual "songs".

Another piece I love is "Waltz of the Mushroom Hunters". I could see a modern version

of that working very well. Let's see, what else has only been done once....Santos,

Make His Praise, Sorcerer and the Latin, Granada Smoothie.....

Yes to all of these! I've always thought the tag ending of "Playing Our Song" from 1980 should be/could be a great added ending in another Scouts show opener.

Just hope it's not "How Deep Is Your Love" from '78!

Malaguena is SO overdone...

...any chance we could compromise and go with Malaga?

Malaga's been done more recently than Malaguena.

I never get the 'overdone' on malaguena. We're going on 8 years since its been played by a division 1 corps. Meanwhile we get Appalachian Spring almost every year from someone, and it seemed to get "OMG ITS THE GREATEST THING EVAR" from dcp in 09..

Edited by AlexL