Finis

A 2nd Chance

Triple Crown

The Mask of Zorro

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Finis (2008). Drum Corps does not always have to be "emotional," narrative or even "passionate." There's room for a lighthearted program that invites the audience in, jumps around and plays "guess what's coming next?"

And I think that in a lot of ways, it's *harder* to pull off funny and light than it is dark and brooding, and they did it so well. The finale from that show is in my permanent rotation on my iPhone.

Mike

1. 2009

2. 2010

3. 2008

4. 2007

5. 2006

6. 2005

7. 2003

8. 2001

9. 2002

10. 2004

11. 2000

Triple Crown for me is tops by a BIG margin.

Angelus is second.

Agreed - I voted for Triple Crown :innocent:

For me it contains the best ballad in years. Beautiful brass sound. I remember watching their finals show live in Pasadena as the sun was going down over the mountains to my left. Fantastic memories. Thank you Crown!

I too voted Triple Crown. Finis was a close second, followed by Angelus. A special honorable mention goes to Bellissimo though, because I adored the various metallic sounds of the front ensemble that year.

Agreed - I voted for Triple Crown :innocent:

For me it contains the best ballad in years. Beautiful brass sound. I remember watching their finals show live in Pasadena as the sun was going down over the mountains to my left. Fantastic memories. Thank you Crown!

Even though Kelly fracked the solo (small frack), I still agree with you that it was a beautiful ballad.

2008 - Just popcorn fun and an outstanding hornline. I believe this show should have placed 3rd.

2009 - Well .....its well documented on this site where I felt this show should have placed, but I remember where I was when I first heard any clips of this show.....sitting on my crapper with headphones on.....I literally laughed out loud at how awesome it was.

2010 - Brass was underscored in my opinion, but I'm not down on the field and that is where they are scored.....sitting up in the stands, they were getting great Mus. Ens. scores, so who knows.....the judge must've heard something down there all season. I thought the concept was lovely. My only gripe is that the show felt like it was missing that one key ingredient all year and I could never quite place it. I was always waiting on what was coming next.

2007 - Great show! Thought it should have been 4th. I was ok with the Finals night changes, but it was great without it. The ending is probably one of the best Crown endings ever.

2004 - Yeah I enjoyed it, however I wish people had paid more attention to the great playing and less about the silly crap.

2000 - From a quality standpoint....its not even close, but from a general popcorn entertainment standpoint....this was a crowd friendly show and it earned alot of support that season. I almost marched this show and in hindsight I wish I had stayed.

2003 - A breath of fresh air after that abysmal 2002 show. A new staff, a new look and a new direction for a corps that had been toiling in the middle tier for far too long.

2005 - I really dug the theme and loved the ballad!

2006 - They did a great job with this show, but it wasn't my favorite source music they've ever played. I was such a BD honk in 06, that I didn't give my hometeam the proper amount of ear time. It was underscored though.

2001 - I actually liked this show when I first saw it and I enjoyed it throughout the season, but watching it now, it doesn't do anything for me. Obviously the quality of the brass line leaves alot to be desired, but I did enjoy McCartt's arrangement of Cider House Rules.

2002 - Sigh....probably the only Crown show I've ever NOT liked, however I will say this....had it not been for this corps and that placement, I think we would not have seen the radical changes at Crown during the offseason that has catapulted them into the upper tier of DCI. Thank you pink togas for allowing green fairies and horsies to come along!

Edited by DCImonkey

1. The Grass is Always Greener- My favorite show by them to date, especially when you catch all the refs to other corps

2. A Sec2nd Chance- Love this show, but it didnt quite get up to the level of 09 for me. A little less of 'something' there.

3. Finis-just a fun show all around

4. Triple Crown- The year they really started grabbing the crowd

5. Angelus - the first show where i was like... whoa... this could be something special

6. In.Trance.It- underrated that year

7. Bellisimo

8. Bohemia- This show could have been so much better. Started and ended great.. you start to see the hornline sound that crown is now known for... but the middle with the singing and poetry... yikes.

Edited by AlexL

2009 - Well .....its well documented on this site where I felt this show should have placed, but I remember where I was when I first heard any clips of this show.....sitting on my crapper with headphones on.....I literally laughed out loud at how awesome it was.

I'll never forget where I was the day I first heard Crown 2009. I was sitting in the café of my school's book store catching up on all of the shows from the first show of the year on Fan Network, during my lunch break, shaking my head in disbelief as soon as they got to the push in Puck.

But then again, I have a "rubbery one" for Crown so that is to be expected.

Edited by Hrothgar15