Pioneer

The opener is NOT what I would normally expect from Pioneer. Much more complex, much more interesting than the past. I think this could be a very good show for them if they can draw the talent needed.

AGREED! Not what I was expecting at all when I first read the musical selections released. I'm really excited to see what Adam Hill lays down for the drum book with these arrangements.

Agreed. It does seem more...intricate, if you will, than what I think they have done in the past.

I, too, hope that they bring the talent to pull this off. Either way, it should be interesting.

Go Pio!

• 3 weeks later...

So, with all of the staff additions, some I know of, others I don't, does it seem like Pio is making the "right moves"?

It is nice to see them taking their time in hiring. Which to me seems like they are trying to find the right people, not the right now people.

What do ya think?

Music and recordings of the intro and opener are up!

http://pioneer-corps.org/join-the-corps/au...ls/7-brass.html

Kind of surprised this would be open to non members

For now I'm just satisfied with the the fact that their book doesn't sound like a leprechaun crapped on some score paper. Hope the staff changes and the 50th year hype draw in some numbers.