Finals 2014

I would love to see finals back to a number of places.

Madison

Denver

College Park, Maryland

New places:

Soldier Field, Chicago

Ann Arbor, MI (the BIG HOUSE!)

Nashville, TN

Anywhere but LOS.

And Orlando. I hate Orlando.

I think it should be in a city with a lot of drum corps fans, but not where a previous DCI Championship has ever been held before. My top choices would be Candlestick Park in San Francisco or New Meadowlands Stadium in Northern New Jersey, just outside of new York City (if it's there, Open Class Quarterfinals could be held in Clifton if necessary).

Edited by MetalTones2012

I think it should be in a city with a lot of drum corps fans, but not where a previous DCI Championship has ever been held before. My top choices would be Candlestick Park in San Francisco or New Meadowlands Stadium in Northern New Jersey, just outside of new York City (if it's there, Open Class Quarterfinals could be held in Clifton if necessary).

Oh but Candlestick can get sooooooooooooo cold and windy. I can remember seeing pitchers literally blown off the mound when the Giants were still playing there. As much as I'd love to have finals close to me, that is not the venue I'd choose. The retrofit/remodel of Berkeley's Memorial Stadium should be completed by end of 2012. Might be a good venue (although traffic, parking, hotels would be a problem). San Diego would be great and certainly my choice.

Kansas City!

As a native Kansas Citian, I'd go for that. The BBQ alone is worth the cost of a trip. If DCI happened to be there at the same time, even better! ;-)

I do recall housing was a big problem when they had it there. Something to consider.

My vote would be for Denver.

Ditto. I loved being there for the 2004 championships.

After mostly skimping us out of competition this year DCI, how about you give Florida another chance?

I know people didn't like Orlando, but Tampa would be a great place for it.

We have plenty of great hotel space and a pretty decent stadium (Raymond James)

Also we have one of the best airports in the country that makes flying a pleasure! :thumbup:

Pretty Please? :tongue:

sure when finals are not during Hurricane season

I hear people always talk about there not being anything to do in the host city. I thought you were going to watch Drum Corps. Thursday from around 2-midnight, Friday from earlier since open class semi's are that day - until midnight, and finals from whenever open class finals start until around midnight. What time do you have to do anything else? When I go to finals I go to watch drum corps. The show could be held in a ghost town for all I care as long as there's at least one decent place to get some food, and a hotel that I can sleep in, what more do you need?

like you i go see the shows. most don't even give OC the time of day however

Let's have it at the Deathstar.

HS-Football-at-Cowboys-Stadium.jpg

except Jerry will want to have a preseason game.