Finals 2014

4. Entertainment. Just Google "What to do in Jackson, MS" and you will get over 200,000 hits. The Google can't be wrong.

By this rationale, i checked, and while jackson has 8,300,000 results, the city of Des Moines has over 25 million. Finals should be in Iowa.

• Like 1

There's only one real choice: Madison, Wisconsin, a real drum corps town.

...but very few from around there know about drum corps. I worked at an insurance company in Madison. 3 out of 800 people ( including myself) knew about drum corps....

I've been told it will most likely be Madison, with the possibility of going to Denver a slim second. I'm pretty sure the decision has already been made, but nothing has been formalized yet.

Thanks for the tip. If I hurry, maybe I can still book a hotel room in Iowa close enough to get a parking space in Illinois. :tongue:

...but very few from around there know about drum corps. I worked at an insurance company in Madison. 3 out of 800 people ( including myself) knew about drum corps....

Really?

My gut feeling is that if DCI doesn't go to Cali again in '14, then Denver or Madison are the two most likely choices. Madison almost seems like the "default" reset button after DCI tries something risky. Orlando for three years....eehh....ok MADISON! DC area and upstate NY....eehh MADISON! Back out to Denver for the first time in forever....then the "new" Foxboro....ehh MADISON!

DCI knows it will always get a big crowd in Madison which is strange since its the hardest Finals city to get to by far.

I would like for Finals to be in California or Seattle because I have never been out that far and I'd like to go. Denver would be a good choice too, because I have also never been there either.

i HOPE it's in Denver...mostly just cuz i doubt it'll be on the West Coast again... Denver is beautiful, tho. VERY nice area/stadium

4. Entertainment. Just Google "What to do in Jackson, MS" and you will get over 200,000 hits. The Google can't be wrong.

This is crap. EVERYONE ($1 to unmentionable) knows that Facebook is the only accurate determinant of popularity and success available on the internets.

(And STILL looking for that sarcasm emoty)

I agree. It would be great to have it out West, but the Rose Bowl was the worst stadium ever. The roads could not handle the traffic, the tunnels were insufficient to handle the people, the bowl was way too shallow for good visuals....

It is the only time in 15 years I missed the first few corps in the finals because it took so long to get to and into the stadium.

'93 Jackson,MS I would definitely have being as the Worst.

Edited by Zeke