Finals 2014

Denver would be amazing. Best finals I've ever attended.

Though I wouldn't mind having finals 15 minutes away at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington.

Uh, this is a three-year-old thread.

If I recall correctly, DCI said awhile back that the other group that had previously booked Lucas Oil for 2014 or whatever year it was that DCI would have to move elsewhere had canceled their event, so DCI was going to stay at Lucas Oil that year.

This was my reaction when I seriously thought finals would be somewhere else in 2014:

ku-xlarge.gif

This is my reaction after realizing this is an old thread and knowing we're in Indy for the long haul:

frnXxyM.gif

• Like 7

Has it ever been held at the Superdome? (It's fixed up, right?) I've never been to New Orleans--Finals would be a cool excuse to make a first trip. (Again--NO idea what the acoustics are like...)

Aucstics are horrible. Yes, it's a great city for visitors and as much as I would love to see it here, housing would be a nightmare. Few people are used to 98 degrees with 90+ humidity. It pours almost everyday in August because it's built in a SWAMP.

Plus, thats in the middle of hurricane season.

I think it's easier to do a process of elimination.

Canada is out because of border crossing.

East Coast and Gulf coast are out because of hurricane season

West Coast is too far for many corps.

So, Madison, Denver, Nashville ?

What's in Ohio ?

Edit to add: Hook Line and Sinker :worthy::worthy:

Edited by The Other Mike

Aucstics are horrible. Yes, it's a great city for visitors and as much as I would love to see it here, housing would be a nightmare. Few people are used to 98 degrees with 90+ humidity. It pours almost everyday in August because it's built in a SWAMP.

Plus, thats in the middle of hurricane season.

I think it's easier to do a process of elimination.

Canada is out because of border crossing.

East Coast and Gulf coast are out because of hurricane season

West Coast is too far for many corps.

So, Madison, Denver, Nashville ?

What's in Ohio ?

Edit to add: Hook Line and Sinker :worthy:/> :worthy:/>

no offense, but I can't remember the last time anything north of Florida had hurricane issues that early in the summer. Maybe 1972 with Agnes

Kansas City or Bloomington

As a Kansas Citian, I'd love to see it at Arrowhead, but I don't see the Chiefs allowing it. The reason is the turf. When finals was held here in 88 and 89, the field at Arrowhead was astroturf. It's since been changed to natural grass. For anyone that doesn't follow the Chiefs (and after last season, why would you?), it is normal that by the time we get to December, the turf in Arrowhead is in pretty sad shape. I don't see any way the Chiefs allow any events that will make it even worse.

As to suggestions as to where to have it, I'd like to see either Northern California (since it hasn't been there before) or somewhere on the East Coast. I guess the question is whether DCI is willing to take a chance on a location they don't normally go to or whether they want to play it safe by going somewhere they've been before and know will work well.

I'd be a bit surprised if it isn't just moved to Bloomington after how successful that was last time.

Jackson Mississippi?

One of my personal favorites!

Denver would be amazing. Best finals I've ever attended.

Though I wouldn't mind having finals 15 minutes away at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington.

If DCI holds the championship in Dallas Stadium RUN THE OTHER WAY! I saw a Manny Pacquiao fight there. The acoustics are worst than the old RCA Dome! That stadium was built for crowd noise! It's a very cool stadium otherwise.

Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 1

If DCI holds the championship in Dallas Stadium RUN THE OTHER WAY! I saw a Manny Pacquiao fight there. The acoustics are worst than the old RCA Dome! That stadium was built for crowd noise! It's a very cool stadium otherwise.

Well that was a fight. I've seen a couple live concerts and 2 live broadcasts of the Dallas Opera there and it's no worse than the oil can. But in all honesty my post was based on this: Acoustic quality < my desire to have finals in my city.