Show ideas you'd want to see next year

I know the Scouts already tried a superhero show, but I would love to see the Cavaliers do Michael Giacchino's soundtrack for The Incredibles. I know it's Disney so the rights would be hard to get but if Impulse could get the rights surley the Cavaliers could. With their color guard a superhero show could be epic.

i would love to see the Madison Scouts Return to Lake Mendota

You sir just took the words right out of my mouth. That would be the most amazing show ever!

My annual demand request for Regiment to do Janacek's "Sinfonietta".

YES. :rolleyes::tongue::cool:

"Two or three corps should do musical-based shows--other than West Side Story that is. There've been rumors of Crown resurrecting The Music Man. Les Mis would be a crowd-pleaser. South Pacific, Bye Bye Birdie, Annie, Grease, Chicago all have great tunes."

*****please dont let this be true!!!! im still tryin to get over the toy souldiers n little jeffy. i could see crown pullin out 76 GOLD trombones though

76 Tromboniums?? oops - they were in G...

Would love to hear some of michael giacchino's music out there. Star Trek and Incredibles both have some fun music.

As for a concept, i'm still wanting to see a zombie-themed show, in which over the course of the show everyone becomes infected.

Yes to Giacchino!

As for your second thought, that would be fantastic. Cavies?

1st Movement from Sinfonia (Berio)

Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima (Penderecki)

Ionisation (Varese)

3rd Movement from Sinfonia (Berio)

Concepts, repertoire suggestions, etc...

Blue Devils - Ellington's Diminuendo and Crescendo in Blue (musical concept of dynamics rather than a visual concept driving the show)

Blue Knights - Percy Grainger (a litte quirky, but still lots of melody...)

Bluecoats - The Matrix (they'd have to play Spybreak, and the theme would fit their electronics-heavy style from '10)

Boston Crusaders - EPIC! (Ben Hur, Lawrence of Arabia, similar type stuff)

Carolina Crown - no idea of the theme, but it would include Strauss' Vienna Philharmonic Fanfare and Bach's Sheep May Safely Graze - bombastic and delicate

Crossmen - Groovin' Hard (Buddy Rich jazz)

Madison Scouts - Undiscovered Ellis (Great Divide opener, Go Back Home closer, something else by Ellis not Strawberry Soup or Niner Two in the middle)

Mandarins - Zen: The Art of Simiplicity

Pioneer - John Rutter (ballad of Distant Land, which was written in honor or Nelson Mandela...fits the corps' South African connection)

Santa Clara Vanguard - Smetana (Bartered Bride, Ma Vlast, Richard III, Wallenstein's Camp...if they also wanted to be crazy and modern they could throw in Husa's Smetana Fanfare, which is based on part of Wallenstein's Camp)

Spirit - Porgy and Bess

Troopers - Hatfields and McCoys (a great opportunity to introduce the drum corps world to Don Ellis' Scratts and Fluggs)

having a harder time with the others...

Added:

Cavaliers - 1984 (based on the George Orwell dystopia)

Edited by smj02

In 1991, Blue Knights played "Savannah River Holiday" and "Aspen Jubilee," the works sandwiching Copland's "Outdoor Overture."

And didn't they place 12th with, like 32 brass? Sarcasm. One of the many reasons I've been a BK fan.

How about a visit to Off-Broadway? Perhaps Frank McCourt's, "The Irish...and How They Got That Way".

Just sayin'. I think it would be really cool for a certain corps to say ... (insert raspberry sound).

Edited by warsawstory