"Go Aaron!"

My best friend marched 87 Sky Ryders. At Allentown, I screamed for him.......but it just so happened to be the part in the show when Tony died. I yelled at the top of my lungs, when you could hear a pin drop. Boy did I feel like a dope.

Not a shout but it's became part of the show over the years....

Phantom Regiment 1984 about 30 seconds or so into 1812 and somebody drops a load of flag poles... kind of fitted with the various bits of ironmongery they had in the pit that year for 1812.

Again, not a shout, but at the end of '09 Cadets, if you listen close when they're coming off the field, you can hear someone in the pit drop a cymbal. It's right before the screen fades to black on the DVD.

Not a shout but it's became part of the show over the years....

Phantom Regiment 1984 about 30 seconds or so into 1812 and somebody drops a load of flag poles... kind of fitted with the various bits of ironmongery they had in the pit that year for 1812.

I think that was actually the entire guard switching gear...it kinda lines up on the video.

I think that was actually the entire guard switching gear...it kinda lines up on the video.

Ahh.... that would make more sense. Next time I watch 84 on DVD I'll look out for it.

If they ever took that big "clank" off the Phantom recording, it just wouldn't sound right to me...

Oh God, yes! There are SO many instances like that....not part of the music per se, but so much a PART of the performance...

93 Cavies during the beginning of "Pines of Rome"...the jet flying by (Drums Along the Flightpath!)

87 Gahfield...ALSO during the beginning of the closer...a couple of short sirens

I'm sure others can think of similar ones.

Oh God, yes! There are SO many instances like that....not part of the music per se, but so much a PART of the performance...

93 Cavies during the beginning of "Pines of Rome"...the jet flying by (Drums Along the Flightpath!)

87 Gahfield...ALSO during the beginning of the closer...a couple of short sirens

I'm sure others can think of similar ones.

Flag poles hitting the ground in '83 Garfield Cadets.

Flag poles hitting the ground in '83 Garfield Cadets.

Like in the opener....the shot of the guard girl with the short-poled flag?

I would put planned ground hits (like that one) in a different category from things like equipment exchanges or jet planes, tho.

I had a friend who marched crossmen in 2005 who said at allentown he heard two fans say:

"You better play every ####### note of that show!"

"Dude, thats impossible"

"You better play every OTHER note!"