G8

DC Guy

Two words:

Free beer. :tongue:

Whose beer???? :devil: When my bro-in-law started being a micro-brewer many moons ago his line was "We don't brew for everybody". After drinking some of his 30-weight my first thought was "Well ya got that part right". :blink:

Said that to a friend of mine and his response was "Yeah, Bud must really suck since they sell so much it it". :cool:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

So much G-8 hating. I seriously doubt your doomsday scenarios have any legitimacy. Certainly the death of drum corps has NEVER been decried before has it. I don't view DCI as any different. There's still a top 12 at finals, a semis and quarters with new (better) rules, the only real difference is the addition of a few new shows. I'm sure that will bring the activity to it's knees. Feelings of exclusion are fueled by jealousy. Here's a suggestion to the corps out there who feel isolated, lonely, dejected, as if all the talent is soaked up by the big mean G-8 sponge.... get better and knock a corps out.

here's a suggestion to the G8:

Stop acting surprised that many fans are not happy with your proposal to kill off all the other drum corps. And stop acting more surprised that your decisions could have adverse effects on how your corps and kids are perceived.

Edited by soccerguy315
  • Like 1

Whose beer???? :devil: When my bro-in-law started being a micro-brewer many moons ago his line was "We don't brew for everybody". After drinking some of his 30-weight my first thought was "Well ya got that part right". :blink:

Said that to a friend of mine and his response was "Yeah, Bud must really suck since they sell so much it it". :cool:

Remember, this is for the fans and not the marching members that are not of legal drinking age.......

FREE BEER? :beer: Here is the new proposal for 2010 finalists. Add your own as you see fit.

Blue Devils; brought to you by E J Phair Brewing Co, Concord, CA

The Cavaliers; brought to you by Old Style Beer

Bluecoats; brought to you by Great Lakes Brewing Co, Cleveland, OH

Carolina Crown; brought to you by New South Brewing, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

The Cadets; brought to you by Keystone Beer & Rolling Rock Beer

Phantom Regiment; brought to you by Rockford Brewing Co, Rockford, IL

Santa Clara Vanguard; brought to you by San Francisco Brewcraft, San Francisco, CA

Blue Stars; brought to you by Leinenkugel Brewing Co, Chippewa Falls, WI

Boston Crusaders; brought to you by Samuel Adams Brewing Co

Madison Scouts; brought to you by Miller Brewing Company

Blue Knights; brought to you by Coors Brewing Co.

The Glassman; brought to you by Arrowhead Brewing Co, Maumee, OH

And one out of the top 12

Pioneer; brought to you by Pabst Blue Ribbon

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

Think for Cadets Yuengling would be closer than Rolling Rock. :tongue: But since RR got sold who knows.....

Too bad Carolina Crown is out of NC as my bro-in-law is currently based in Raliegh.

As for Vanguard.... yep Anchor Steam..... :worthy:

Think for Cadets Yuengling would be closer than Rolling Rock. :tongue: But since RR got sold who knows.....

Too bad Carolina Crown is out of NC as my bro-in-law is currently based in Raliegh.

As for Vanguard.... yep Anchor Steam..... :worthy:

As for the Cadets, I concede. Yuengling is my beer of choice when I want to go on the cheap.

Carolina I had to go with an SC brewery since they are officially in Ft. Mill, SC

Vanguard is the Anchor, You are right on that one as well.

I still like the PBR for Pioneer in honor of Roman B. :lol:

Edited by Old Corps Guy

here's a suggestion to the G8:

Stop acting surprised that many fans are not happy with your proposal to kill off all the other drum corps. And stop acting more surprised that your decisions could have adverse effects on how your corps and kids are perceived.

Not MY proposal, but thanks for thinking so highly of me. And guess what, it didn't pass. And MY corps had nothing to do with original proposal in any way shape or form. Bitterness can't be your preference, so why the inability to just get over it allready. The doomsday DCI killing proposal NEVER PASSED! Do you really live your life entirely on the notion of what MIGHT happen? Guess you never get in a car, cause you MIGHT get in an accident and die, right?

The more time goes on the more the anti-G8 rhetoric sounds like jaded little kids with their bottom lips stuck out and their arms folded, stamping their feet over........NOTHING.

• Like 1

Not MY proposal, but thanks for thinking so highly of me. And guess what, it didn't pass. And MY corps had nothing to do with original proposal in any way shape or form. Bitterness can't be your preference, so why the inability to just get over it allready. The doomsday DCI killing proposal NEVER PASSED! Do you really live your life entirely on the notion of what MIGHT happen? Guess you never get in a car, cause you MIGHT get in an accident and die, right?

The more time goes on the more the anti-G8 rhetoric sounds like jaded little kids with their bottom lips stuck out and their arms folded, stamping their feet over........NOTHING.

DCI is a lot more likely to die thanks to these 8 corps than I am driving a car.

I don't really see the problem of taking actions today to attempt to influence the actions of tomorrow.

Edited by soccerguy315

DCI is a lot more likely to die thanks to these 8 corps than I am driving a car.

I don't really see the problem of taking actions today to attempt to influence the actions of tomorrow.

So you say, and I'm not convinced, because you've said nothing convincing to that affect. You continue to base your opinion on a proposal that never passed. Good for you.

• Like 1

yeah cause amps was given up one after one shot :rolleyes:

• Like 1