How much longer...

..... but your right it will change and if we don't like it we can lose interest. that is our perogative.

No one is saying if you don't like it leave. On the other hand, those who don't like it are screaming to those who want it to leave, as well as other derogatory insults.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ever notice that none of the things mentioned have a plug on them?

yet we were also told Bb brass was the end of the earth....and we have more corps coming to DCA annually than we ever had.

again, i'm no fan of electronics. But...would you go back and have an Edsel even tho cars today are much better?

every generation has their own new ideas.

i thought the tymps were fine as long as "CARREID" on the field. contra's were a brass instument so ok. xylo's i was opposed to. they were a band instrument. doubles and tri were percusion. some of your comparisions can be misleading. what they propose is not brass & percussion. but your right it will change and if we don't like it we can lose interest. that is our perogative.

agreed. And I know I heard guys back in the day "oh my god, 4 drums on one rack...horrors!!"

sometimes, the more we fight to turn back the clock, the more they push to leapfrog it forward

I hope it doesn't happen. Although I am sympathetic to the case made by those more familiar with pit performance regarding the perceived need, I don't think it is needed. Especially with the smaller venues in which DCA competitions are generally held. I understand it may limit the flexiblity regarding what pit performers may actually be able to incorporate into a show.

But if it does happen I will still be a fan, especially if it is strictly limited to amplifying the pit (please no vocals or electronic instruments). However, it does wreak havoc with the recordings IMO making it much harder to balance the sound coming from the field brass and percussion over the amplified pit. It is a problem I have had with DCI recordings and one of several reasons I have not purchased any DCI recordings from the Lucas Oil Stadium championships.

donincardona, you got it right. I'm losing interest just reading this crap.

for the record i went to my first show since 1981 last year. while i thought the bucs were great on the whole i was disappointed. i know longer have a real vested interest. will not go to anymore shows. but i love the debate and i love the history.

How do we go from adding amps to it becoming a rock band/string ensemble on the sideline. Knee jerk much?

Did you see Teal the last two years? Full rock band.

I'd appreciate it if no one ever repeated the phrase "lame and gay."

That's pretty bad, folks. I don't care if "it's someone else's words."

You don't have to perpetuate a nasty stereotype. OK?

Thanks, friends!

The first thing I thought of was a comedy routine by Greg Behrendt talking about how "gay" his wife's game night was in their family. He said:

"I don't mean "gay" as in "gay", that would be cool. I mean gay as in "wheeeeeee how gay".

The two do not mean the same thing. I've seen many of my gay brothers and sisters use this term in the pejorative toward "lame practices" on many occasions. They're ok with it. Why aren't you?

Did you see Teal the last two years? Full rock band.

Teal is not in DCA, personally I kinda think this is a moot point. Most corps are trying to figure out how to get\retain members, facilitate travel to shows, etc in this present economy, who's got money for electronics.