What show whould you rather see....

What show (of the two) would you pay to see again?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• 1995 Madison Scouts
    • 2010 Blue Devils

I think your fix is more accurate.

On a slightly different subject (but related), what do you think the crowd reaction will be in 2012 in Atlanta when BD loses for the first time since 2008? :thumbup: But seriously, what do you think the reaction will be when BD has their first loss? Raucous pandamonium? Mild buzzing? The sound of choppers with Corpsband & Ream being medevac'd? Does anyone recall what it was like when Cavies finally lost after a long winning spell?

Hope not....

I think that if BDs show is great, then people will not burst out in raucous pandemonium, but if it's not to their liking, they probably cheer a bit. Of course whoever beats them will get great cheers if their show is to the crowd's liking.

People cheered BD for their Phenom of Cool show. I skipped finals... :thumbup:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your fix is more accurate.

On a slightly different subject (but related), what do you think the crowd reaction will be in 2012 in Atlanta when BD loses for the first time since 2008? :thumbup: But seriously, what do you think the reaction will be when BD has their first loss? Raucous pandamonium? Mild buzzing? The sound of choppers with Corpsband & Ream being medevac'd? Does anyone recall what it was like when Cavies finally lost after a long winning spell?

Considering that I expect (like 2008) that they'll move only to second place, the raucous applause will be hard to delineate between applause that BD lost and applause that XX won. Me? I'll be applauding for the winner, not for against the loser. But that's just me... :thumbup:

Edited by garfield

Considering that I expect (like 2008) that they'll move only to second place, the raucous applause will be hard to delineate between applause that BD lost and applause that XX won. Me? I'll be applauding for the winner, not for against the loser. But that's just me... :thumbup:

I hope that when that eventual time comes and it is announced that Corps X has beaten the Blue Devils and the crowd goes wild in their cheers for Corps X that after a momentary pause that they all stand and give a hand to the Blue Devils as well in salute, for going places that few Corps have ever gone before with their unbeaten streak. That would demonstrate how classy the DCI Drum Corps fans of today are.

But, if they don't rise enmasse and salute the Blue Devils as well..... well.... it is what it is, and that would be a real missed opportunity by the fans of DCI today, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

Although I voted 95 Scouts, all this finding new and creative ways to slam 2010 Blue Devils is REALLY getting old........and PATHETIC.

Blue Devils won, and DESERVED TO WIN. Get over it.

Although I voted 95 Scouts, all this finding new and creative ways to slam 2010 Blue Devils is REALLY getting old........and PATHETIC.

Blue Devils won, and DESERVED TO WIN. Get over it.

I hear what your are saying....but there is a flip side to that coin.

BD won in 2010.....and from what I have read out here....not to many people dispute that BD was the best corps on the field. What people have said is "I did not like the 2010 Blue Devils show"

So....for the people who can't except that a lot of folks did not like the 2010 Blue Devils...need to also "Get over it"

I believe there are valid opinions all the way around on this issue...

(which begs the question: what the frig would constitute an "invalid" opinion, anyway?)

One thing I've always loved about drum corps is the ability of various shows, and corps, to blow me away with sheer energy and power.

As fascinating as the Blue Devils' 2010 show was for me... on the "sheer energy and power" scale, it's 1995 Madison, hands down.

I agree. You need to grow up and find a much larger circle of friends beyond " music people " that are apparently easily sleep induced when you try to convince them on what you like in Drum Corps shows. By expanding your horozons beyond the self limiting " music people ", you might find that there are a lot of people that might find your few " music people "friends taste in music too exotic and bizarre and THEIR choices might run most people to the store to get some earplugs and a liquid energy drink to foil the possible sleep inducement and shield the eardrums before they hit the start button to play their favorites in music..... if your circle of friends sees or hears no difference in 95 Madison Scouts show compared to ( say ) the 2010 BD show, then they are much different than the world at large. That said, I do recognize that Drum Corps has always been a niche market. But we are no longer talking along the lines of a " niche market". We are on a course to become an " extinct market " unless we find more younger devotees in the activity.

I agree, and what concerns me is DCI really only targets the music people, and not the everyday person

yes, it's a niche market and always has been, even before you started devoting so much time to articulating your dislike for what's out there now over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over agin.

time to grow up, people. the world at large (i.e., outside of marching music fans) sees it all as geeky, stupid, and sleep inducing, even when you happened to ADORE it.

slight correction...a majority of the world at large sees it that way, but not all. remember, you hate when people "speak for everyone else", don't make the same mistake