Why are corps so dirty the first few weeks of tour?

Ok... when I say clean, I mean breaking 85's. I meant a month of during school rehersals. We would have about a week full of drum corpesque rehersals during the summer. So it was more like 30 during school rehersals which IMO is enough to clean a marching band show well.

the numbers are not really relevant as a stand alone, only useful for comparing at a certain competition against the other groups that are at that competition... some drum corps go all season without breaking 85.

not sure what you mean by drum corpsesque, if you just mean 10+ hour days (likely), or actually intensity of rehearsal (which i doubt). Lots of bands do multiple weeks of 10 hour rehearsal days.

Drum corps= 12 minutes of difficult arranging of actual music combined with 200+ pages of high velocity drill, dancing, spinning, movement. etc.

Marching Band= 6 minutes of poorly arranged Journey tunes and 25 pages of easy drill.

Drum corps= action.

Marching Band= clarinet players bumping into each other.

But a skateboard is fully assembled and meets quality specifications in much less time than a Ferrari, surely it must be better.

Well played, sir!

Drum corps= 12 minutes of difficult arranging of actual music combined with 200+ pages of high velocity drill, dancing, spinning, movement. etc.

Marching Band= 6 minutes of poorly arranged Journey tunes and 25 pages of easy drill.

Drum corps= action.

Marching Band= clarinet players bumping into each other.

when did you see my band perform?? Your pretty spot on man. LOL

Hey here's an idea!

Instead of all you guys being condescending ###holes to a KID, why don't you rep the activity you profess to love and try and encourage OP to march; or at least just explain things in less harsh terms.

Or did you start out knowing everything about drum corps ever? No? Didn't think so.

Another pathetic moment for DCP "fans".

With 3 full weeks of pre tour, and several weekend long camps I would think that corps would be pretty clean... I look at the marching band I marched with, we would be relatively clean about a month into rehearsals, and we would only practice 4 times a week for 3 hours. Are corps just pretty dirty because their programs are so intense, or what? I just think that if my band was given 3 full weeks of rehearsal we would be ridiculously clean to the point of almost perfection. I know our programs arent as difficult, but we had harder programs than anyone else in my state did, so what do you think???

DCI corps are just not as good as your band? :mat:

With 3 full weeks of pre tour, and several weekend long camps I would think that corps would be pretty clean... I look at the marching band I marched with, we would be relatively clean about a month into rehearsals, and we would only practice 4 times a week for 3 hours. Are corps just pretty dirty because their programs are so intense, or what? I just think that if my band was given 3 full weeks of rehearsal we would be ridiculously clean to the point of almost perfection. I know our programs arent as difficult, but we had harder programs than anyone else in my state did, so what do you think???

your ignorance is painful..

i think you underestimate the difficulty of some drum corps shows

1) your band probably isnt as clean as you think. After drum corps your eyes are a lot more developed.

2) in 2008 my opener was 96 charts. the entire show was 276 charts. how many does your band have?

i could go on and on..