Cadets 2011

Wait, wasn't that Carolina Crown's show? tongue.gif

Oh you mean 2008? Okay I didn't remember seeing any final endings until the end.

Oops...we're off topic...:doh:

Oh you mean 2008? Okay I didn't remember seeing any final endings until the end.

Oops...we're off topic...:doh:

What's life without a few little tangents?

Yes, 2009 had a bunch of crazy endings. Definitely a show I appreciate more and more over time!

Outside of not hitting every single corner of the field in drill, that show was AMAZING and still quite underrated.

I 100% concur; that is one of my favorite Cadet shows (though, honestly, I probably say that about a dozen shows). I love the design of that show, the drum book is KILLER, and the energy you all put into performing that shows always blows me away when listening/watching videos. I know I have the luxury of hindsight, but I still can't fathom how fans (let alone judges) can't get the duality of that show; I mean, the musical was still fairy new, but the novel was written in the mid-1800's!

Well, I'm getting OT, but I did want to give you props for a great, truly underrated show

• Like 1

the ending in April is never the ending in August. hell in 89, the ending the last week of July wasn't the end the next week....and that ending wasn't the ending the following week :tongue:

I would LOVE to see some research that could definitively determine which Cadets show had the most endings throughout a season. I know their 95 show went through endings the way most members go throw Gold Bond. I remember seeing them mid-week, and then a few days later on a weekend and I saw two different endings. The 95 season was probably the year I attended the most shows (at least of the years I didn't teach or march), and I saw that show at least a dozen times with probably that many different endings. I always think of 95 as one of the most tinkered-with endings, but I'd love to hear what shows would rival/beat that guesstimate.

Speaking of endings, I heard rumor a few months ago that this year's show would have 2 (maybe 3) different endings: One where the devils win. One where the angels win. And one (maybe) where there's no real resolution.

While I think it would be a totally kick ### idea, I can't imagine having to learn each one and remembering to perform them on any given night. Would be cool to not knowing how it's going to end at any particular show.

Speaking of endings, I heard rumor a few months ago that this year's show would have 2 (maybe 3) different endings: One where the devils win. One where the angels win. And one (maybe) where there's no real resolution.

While I think it would be a totally kick ### idea, I can't imagine having to learn each one and remembering to perform them on any given night. Would be cool to not knowing how it's going to end at any particular show.

Hopkins at the gate "Remember guys, Devils win tonight! We don't want any angels celebrating like last night!"

I sincerely hope SCV beats Cadets at Semis, just so we might have devils win with the Cadets and then Vanguard come out with an exhibition of hell.

• Like 2

"Text which ending you want to see to #-#-#-#-#." How cool would that be if we as fans could vote on whether the angels or demons win at the show we go to! If hop is reading this, please make it happen!