Cadets 2011

Just saw this posted on DCI.org from Friday's news and announcements:

"The Cadets are moving into their spring training facility in Pennsylvania this weekend. On Thursday, May 19 the corps will host a live webcast and unveil their new uniforms for the 2011 season."

Speaking of endings, I heard rumor a few months ago that this year's show would have 2 (maybe 3) different endings: One where the devils win. One where the angels win. And one (maybe) where there's no real resolution.

While I think it would be a totally kick ### idea, I can't imagine having to learn each one and remembering to perform them on any given night. Would be cool to not knowing how it's going to end at any particular show.

"Devils win" bite your tongue, Chad!

Please tell me someone besides me has seen the videos George is posting on his Facebook. That hornline sounds rediculous.

Thanks for posting that... I had no idea George put up any videos! They do sound great! :thumbup:

Please tell me someone besides me has seen the videos George is posting on his Facebook. That hornline sounds rediculous.

Yes they do. Can't wait to see it on the move.

Yes, they do sound pretty strong! My wife and I are headed out to Johnstown in a couple of weeks to spend three days with the Cadets; can't wait!

Speaking of endings, I heard rumor a few months ago that this year's show would have 2 (maybe 3) different endings: One where the devils win. One where the angels win. And one (maybe) where there's no real resolution.

While I think it would be a totally kick ### idea, I can't imagine having to learn each one and remembering to perform them on any given night. Would be cool to not knowing how it's going to end at any particular show.

That would be very cool.

It could be done simply, with perhaps just a few color guard members changing things up (so there's no different music/drill for the musicians).

It would be a good way for the staff to gauge which idea "works" better, and then finalize/tweak it by August.

That would be very cool.

It could be done simply, with perhaps just a few color guard members changing things up (so there's no different music/drill for the musicians).

It would be a good way for the staff to gauge which idea "works" better, and then finalize/tweak it by August.

Eff that!

If you're gonna do it, I want different music, different drill. I want to know without the guard, who's winning. And I want a golden goose, NOW DADDY!

• Like 1

Unveiled tonight...

Traditional uniforms: drum majors and front ensemble

"Demons" (40 horns, 9 battery) : all burgundy (pants, jackets, shako, plume) with gold cummerbund/sash

"Angels" (40 horns, 9 battery) : all white (pants, jackets, shako, plume) with burgundy strap across chest and gold cummerbund/sash

All uniforms traditional Cadets "style", just with different color arrangements. Gold cummerbund ties the corps together.

Edited by hostrauser
  • Like 1