1980 vs 2010

It's a smaller niche than womens' lacrosse. Just sayin'

Women's Lacrosse has had only minor changes since 1890 ( ie addition of goggles, change to no contact, change to smaller sticks then Men, etc ).

The sport is growing in both participation levels and fan attendance levels the last 25 years despite the lack of major transformational equipment changes since 1890.

Go figure, huh ?

Women's Lacrosse has had only minor changes since 1890 ( ie addition of goggles, change to no contact, change to smaller sticks then Men, etc ).

The sport is growing in both participation levels and fan attendance levels the last 25 years despite the lack of major transformational equipment changes since 1890.

Go figure, huh ?

Really, though...what could be added to women's lacrosse that would be a major change? Jet packs?

• Like 2

Really, though...what could be added to women's lacrosse that would be a major change? Jet packs?

I don't know about women's lacrosse, but in men's lacrosse the goalkeeper's net is amplified.... so when a goal is scored and the ball hits the net, there is a loud booming sound. Almost deafening. :ph34r:

But seriously, folks.....

The men's Division 1 college lacrosse championship game drew more than 48,000 fans in 2007 and nearly 38,000 last year, the last two times the game was played in Baltimore.

I would venture a guess that DCI would be very happy with attendance numbers like that, anywhere.

Edited by Fran Haring

My understanding is the limit is 20 reps per day, 5 of which can be negative. But I could be wrong.

Still, you're correct. The limit is what one can give, not what one can receive.

I think Jeff's score went up more than 20 just yesterday. Jeesh.

I think he's handing out cash for his votes, and he has a lot more money than I do.

dude, I don't even pay attention. Cause I know the day my first show review goes up, it'll drop

• Like 3

dude, I don't even pay attention. Cause I know the day my first show review goes up, it'll drop

Let's see, doubling daily posts during review season takes you to 50 and me to 2.

I've got a lot of ground to make up to cushion against that.

And because EVERYONE knows that nearly EVERYBODY agrees with you all the time I'm not taking any chances. tongue.gif

• Like 5

I just think drill is harder now so its harder to clean.

Lot more sets anyway which makes a lot more drill to teach and clean up. Had that awakening when I went to a pre-season exhibition and the two DCI corps did not have their drill completely learned. Can't remember that happening in my day so posted about it. Learned that number of drill sets are WAY up since my time (some feel that more sets = better drill) and distance of members make it impossible to have weekly practices to get music down better before drill starts or even start on drill basics.

Drill today vs drill in my time, including what I've said above = apples vs oranges....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

A more interesting comparison might be 1974 when there were no yard lines.

And wasn't it fun when you had a show where there were yardlines in those symetrical drill days?

Suddenly staff realized the drill that looked great with only a 50 was 3-5 yards off side to side (and the crowd could see it too). :shutup:

Back then your 'dot' was based on the person/persons around you and nothing on the field (drumline used the 50 to march).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Let's see, doubling daily posts during review season takes you to 50 and me to 2.

I've got a lot of ground to make up to cushion against that.

And because EVERYONE knows that nearly EVERYBODY agrees with you all the time I'm not taking any chances. tongue.gif

and i could give a rats ### what my reputation score on here is. if I'm at whatever positive score now, then i know it's a joke

• Like 2