SHOW HYPE!

When you marched, what was your way of getting 'hyped' for a show? Ritual, bus traditions, etc...

(either what you did or your bus did)

• Like 1

From 2007-2009 my buddy and I would punch each others fists as hard as possible. Like a fist bump but harder, more painful, and more fun. We always joked that one day we would break our hands doing that. Never happened, thankfully.

Also, listening to good music on the bus ride to shows, and screaming BLOO before every show.

I'm more the queit type so I usually went to a spot away form the commotion and tried to relax, clear my mind and do some leg stretches. Then a couple of hard ###ed horn snaps to pump myself up a bit.

Wow, 30+ year memory just kicked in. First show in college MB we got told to prepare and some of the people were just screaming like nutcases and half jumping around. I'm just standing there and one clown gets in my face about "not getting ready". Before I can response another MB member who did DCI jumped the clown: "Look <bleep> while you were <obscene reference> all summer, we were COMPETING. So we KNOW what we're doing so just bounce away Skippy".

• Like 3

Last year I marched we played Roxanne and the whole bus was singing it..LOL.

• Like 1

We always played the Mortal Kombat remix on our bus once we pulled into the parking lot of a show!

• Like 1

Nap.