So far, I'm not really liking 2011

well...there's part of the problem. Almost April and 12 corps have no announced anything. Tickets are going on sale now....and people don't want to spend the $$ then be unhappy. You used to be able to read DCW in january, see what a corps was playing and be waiting by the mailbox for the flyer to come in the mail. I can see why people may not be enthused at this late date.

yes I know licensing plays a part now and may slow things up. but in the last 5/6 years, it's gotten ridiculous how long corps wait to announce the show.

Wow, the entitled consumer. WTF ever happened to going to a show with no idea what you were in for. You're not buying a car for Christ sake.

• Like 5

Wow, the entitled consumer. WTF ever happened to going to a show with no idea what you were in for. You're not buying a car for Christ sake.

The costs arent exactly cheap, especially when many have to drive decent distances to make it to shows, and then fork out for tickets.

Do you go see a movie without knowing anything about what its about? Youre not going to know the whole plot, but its expected in most forms of entertainment that there will be *some* information on what people are going to see. Not just 'its a movie, just come see it'

Its one thing when licensing is an issue. Its another to keep things under wraps because they want to 'surprise' people... never mind that those who actually care about such things will probably see the show online on the fan network long before theyd be able to see it live, thus the 'surprise' is blown anyways.

Edited by AlexL
  • Like 2

Yeah, but if the restaurant is mexican food and you dont like mexican food, that is plenty enough to decide you dont like it.

Good point.

Edited by BRASSO

The costs arent exactly cheap, especially when many have to drive decent distances to make it to shows, and then fork out for tickets.

Do you go see a movie without knowing anything about what its about? Youre not going to know the whole plot, but its expected in most forms of entertainment that there will be *some* information on what people are going to see. Not just 'its a movie, just come see it'

Its one thing when licensing is an issue. Its another to keep things under wraps because they want to 'surprise' people... never mind that those who actually care about such things will probably see the show online on the fan network long before theyd be able to see it live, thus the 'surprise' is blown anyways.

12 former drum corps members traveled 1,300 miles to Pasadena in 2007. We fine nine traveled over 2,000 miles to Indy 2010 of which 3 hadn't been to a live drum corps contest in decades, including me. I was the only person of 9 that previewed 2010 via Fan Network. I 'virtually' went to Kalamazoo, Denver, Minneapolis, Houston, Murfreesboro, Atlanta (and 2010 DCE prelims and finals). All 9 audience members enjoyed semis and finals in Indy, perhaps because we were involved with drum corps ever so long ago. I almost wish I didn't do homework before I went but it came in handy as the ladies asked me questions like "Are the guard barefoot?" "I think they're wearing flesh toned shoes." "Why are they booing?" "They're bluuuuing for Bluecoats." Please excuse me, I going to Guardapalooza winter guard show in an hour ;-)

• Like 1

Rebecca-Black-Friday-Lyrics.embedded.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Seven a.m., Hop and Cadets waking up in the morning

Gotta be fresh, gotta get to the food truck.

Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal

Seein' everything, the time is goin'

Tickin' on and on, everybody's rushin'

Gotta get down to the bus for the show

Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends. . .

I think I love you.

• Like 1

Yeah, but if the restaurant is mexican food and you dont like mexican food, that is plenty enough to decide you dont like it.

Actually that analogy works against you. In this case, the "restaurant" is drum corps and the menu consists of 23 items. If you don't like the restaurant you aren't going to like the items on the menu. May I suggest the MBI restaurant down the road?

Actually that analogy works against you. In this case, the "restaurant" is drum corps and the menu consists of 23 items. If you don't like the restaurant you aren't going to like the items on the menu. May I suggest the MBI restaurant down the road?

In this analogy, drum corps is more like a mall or entertainment district with a bunch of restaurants. Some serve up different things than others. Each menu item would be a different part of their show.

Edited by AlexL
  • Like 2

I will buy your tickets and not even use them, that is how disgusted i am at the shows being put out this year.

When i heard that Devils were playing.......... and Phantom were playing.... er..... especially when i head Crown have decided to ...... Anyway i just Know its not going to be worth it based on the lack of information i have.tongue.gif

Wow, i got a negative on my response...................... do i need to write sarcasm on and sarcasm off for it to be understood?

To clarify, i was trying to say don't assume anything until you have seen/ heard what all corps are going to produce this year. It may be an amazing year.

Can you give a negative response to your own posts................... I feel as though i should.

Sarcasm? who knows.

• Like 1

yes I know licensing plays a part now and may slow things up. but in the last 5/6 years, it's gotten ridiculous how long corps wait to announce the show.

:thumbup:

If DCI wants more butts in the seats...they have to figure out how to get a real buzz going during the off season. A buzz so strong that has fans counting down the minutes for the season to start. You know....meaningful corps camp updates...with tidbits of show music thrown in (even if its midi files). I remember back in late 2003 and 2004 when SCV was posting monthly updates of their 2004 production. I couldn't wait to see/hear their full show. And you know what...SCV 2004 was a DCI finals crowd favorite that season. Think of movie previews. They are designed to inspire you to attend movies. DCI needs to engage/inspire the fans more during the off season.

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Like 7

:thumbup:

If DCI wants more butts in the seats...they have to figure out how to get a real buzz going during the off season. A buzz so strong that has fans counting down the minutes for the season to start. You know....meaningful corps camp updates...with tidbits of show music thrown in (even if its midi files). I remember back in late 2003 and 2004 when SCV was posting monthly updates of their 2004 production. I couldn't wait to see/hear their full show. And you know what...SCV 2004 was a DCI finals crowd favorite that season. Think of movie previews. They are designed to inspire you to attend movies. DCI needs to engage/inspire the fans more during the off season.

totally. Blue Stars, Cadets, Blue Knights, Boston, Teal Sound, are the only corps that gave out snippets of music (please correct me if I missed others). Actually I was completely blown away by what Blue Knights gave because I honestly think they gave up to 8 minutes of music! Insane! you mentioned movie previews and Blue Stars usually makes a "trailer" for their show like the cadets just recently did. I mean, it seems pretty clear that some corps are willing to share off season information/ off season "hype" more than others and I'm wondering why? I would imagine that getting in the off-season spotlight would be something all corps would want especially since, like others have said, tickets are currently being sold.

• Like 1