Cadets2

Phoenix finished 4th in 1975

Hey Frankie ... I just checked Corpsreps ... they were 4th in prelims and 5th at finals ... quite a debut at Championships no matter how you look at it ... did they compete in any other shows that year?

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

Hey Frankie ... I just checked Corpsreps ... they were 4th in prelims and 5th at finals ... quite a debut at Championships no matter how you look at it ... did they compete in any other shows that year?

Yes, I guess 36 years is a long time to remember some things, lol

They were in about 10 RCA shows in '75, including the RCA Championship where they won by almost 5 points over Guelph.

Hanover beat them by almost 6 points the first show of the year in Emmaus. They went undefeated after that until DCAs...

I'm not a baseball fan because I find it boring. I'm always yelling at the pitcher on TV "THROW THE #### BALL ALREADY!!" . But if I were a baseball fan, I would be a Mets fan. I've been to two baseball games in my entire life, both Mets games. One in 1969, and one in 1986. How weird is that??! Maybe the Mets should pay ME to go :)

Be a Mets fan. You learn to accept not making the playoffs. In fact, you expect it.

:satisfied:

I'm not a baseball fan because I find it boring. I'm always yelling at the pitcher on TV "THROW THE #### BALL ALREADY!!" . But if I were a baseball fan, I would be a Mets fan. I've been to two baseball games in my entire life, both Mets games. One in 1969, and one in 1986. How weird is that??! Maybe the Mets should pay ME to go :)

If anyone is a Mets, Jets and Nets fan... like I am :blink: .... they are afflicted with what has been called "ETS Disease"... suffering from a lifetime of frustration. :tongue:

Toss in rooting for the Orioles since 1991... and I'm a basket case here. :lol:

Edited by Fran Haring

They were in about 10 RCA shows in '75, including the RCA Championship where they won by almost 5 points over Guelph.

Hanover beat them by almost 6 points the first show of the year in Emmaus. They went undefeated after that until DCAs...

Think Westshore might have been in pre-show exhibition that Emmaus show but wasn't in the program. At least I remember a drum truck even more beat than ours with "Phoenix" on the side. Too bad I left as soon as we (Westshore) was done as my ride wasn't feeling good.

Funny thing is some of the Hanover guys still crow that they were the only RCA corps to beat Phoenix. Oh course, they don't mention the York, PA(?) show where they wouldn't announce the scores as the spread was about 20 points.

:offtopic: doesnt take much to drift here does it..lol

Hey, some posters here are guys are from Buffalo, Rochester, etc. They start with " drifting " snow I think around a week after DCA Championships up there. It doesn't take much for a " drift " to form with them. ( haha!)

Hey, some posters here are guys are from Buffalo, Rochester, etc. They start with " drifting " snow I think around a week after DCA Championships up there. It doesn't take much for a " drift " to form with them. ( haha!)

IIRC, last year in Racha-cha it was nearly cold enough to snow DURING championships...remember freezing my ### during Finals... :help: