Cadets2

Agree! Specialy if Blue Devils, and Santa Clara Vanguard already do that. Why not for the "Cadets2". They would have the Oppertunity to compete against some very good regional Corps of High Quality also, Spartans are almost always in or at the top of that area of things. They would be able to use ALL the DCI Toys. (and not have to go to DCA metings ASKING for them). The Raiders in N.J. usualy do very well also. (bye the way. the Raiders are still looking for a BASS GUITAR player) It is not like they would have to go Nationaly Turing. Maybe just to DCI Championships. Like BD, SCVC, Spartans, and Raiders ETC..

Did you not read the reasons why? !st weekend only, that doesnt mean going off sometimes to the middle of the country 2nd he said alot less money, it couldnt stay at the price they set and then start to travel even to 1 show a few thousand miles away and its pretty clear that he doesnt or isnt fond of the OC arena and doesnt consider it viable let alone to his own group.

Now are there other motives knowing Hop..Im very sure of that...but doesnt seem any rules have been broken and if we like it or not Im sure is no concern of his...........nor should it be IMO.

I have to confess that I'm concerned. First, I'd feel better about it if the proposed corps was going to adhere to DCA rules and simply be another DCA corps regarding "All-Ages." By not following that format from the get go, it signals their intent to follow a different formula. I hope that the overall goal is not to undermine DCA's style of performance or instrumentation which I greatly prefer over the current DCI model. I know others have made the same comments, but I'm just seconding them.

They are adhering to the DCA rules. How could they do otherwise and still compete in DCA???

Did you not read the reasons why? !st weekend only, that doesnt mean going off sometimes to the middle of the country 2nd he said alot less money, it couldnt stay at the price they set and then start to travel even to 1 show a few thousand miles away and its pretty clear that he doesnt or isnt fond of the OC arena and doesnt consider it viable let alone to his own group.

Now are there other motives knowing Hop..Im very sure of that...but doesnt seem any rules have been broken and if we like it or not Im sure is no concern of his...........nor should it be IMO.

YES I DID.

I never said he was breaking any rules about age. I said I did not care what they did about that.

Yes I did know he did NOT like DCI Open Class. I also do not care what he likes and does not like. Just as, I care (Like him), about What I like.

So. To be honest. I do NOT think it a Plus for DCA. I think MORE DCI, and YEA will have more of a - in the end for DCA.

But, YES. The Cadets2 have every right to join. Yes, they do have the right to build the groups AS THEY LIKE.

Oh man we're only up to 14 pages of posts. You're letting us down DCP.

sorry. I had to go to Wildwood for TIA championships

Yes. The surrender ceremony will be held on Thursday before that weekend at Appomattox Court House. :tongue:

too far South for DCA :tongue:

I'm always glad to see a new corps starting up, but the first thing I wonder about here is why they would chose DCA for a DCI feeder corps.

Oh right - weekend only - cheaper to start a corps up that way. I could have sworn I said that someplace recently..... :rolleyes:

But where are they going to train the singers and synth players????

USSBA

Mine didn't either (Devils). First time in 16 years. Still not quite over it :)

I take issue with that Bruins thing. Otherwise you're spot on :tongue:

alot more than most adults and dont have to take as many breaks..lol :beer:

wow. I havent seen a beer break on a DCA field for 20+ years now.

way to perpetuate that myth

This may already be SOMEWHERE in this massive thread (I keep trying to read it all but it is staggering)

Could it be that maybe Mr Hopkins and or the powers that be in DCI have figured out that with the present economy, fuel prices, etc, that weekend only is the wave of the future?

What goes around comes around! :doh: