Cadets2

I don't know about the schedule being "that difficult." In the proposed schedule, half the shows have the same one or two groups competing.....sounds like an exciting season :blink: Even in limiting the geographic range, the DCA schedule has twice as many shows. The proposed schedule just shows one reason why YEA is looking to join the DCA with Cadets2 and not Open Class DCI.

First:

This part of your post was responding to the "What IF", part. And an EXAMPLE of " IF it was Year". Or of What "Could" be within Open Class DCI. It was NOT a proposed Schedule for them Next Year or anything.

Now as to the First 1/2 of the Schedule.

Yes it would mostly be with the groups in the Northeast area. How about becase the Cadtes2 made it Clear they wanted to Stay in that area. Also Very Important about those shows was. That they were " AT " DCI World Class Shows. So they would be out infront of a Crowd to see the Best DCI has to offer AND still get to COMPETE with Open Class groups. Like the "Spartans". Past Open Class winners, and to5 for many years. (Not exactly the Mt. Dung,Alaska "Snowballs")

Then in the 2nd half of their season would be againest a Larger field of Open Class groups more willing to Tour. Then among the 2nd 1/2 of the season ther are shows like this one (Right in their Home State, in Erie, PENN.

Blue Devils B - Concord, CA

Oregon Crusaders - Portland, OR

Spartans - Nashua, NH

Raiders - Wayne, NJ

Music City - Nashville, TN

7th Regiment - New London, CT

Legends - Kalamazoo, MI

Genesis - Edinburg, TX

Les Stentors - Sherbrooke, QU

Jubal - Dordrecht, The Netherlands

Blue Saints - Sudbury, ON

Platinum - Raleigh, NC

But Anyway. The Cadets2 have every right to Start and do whatever they like. But part of worries me more, was in a post on here that said. That maybe we do NOT know what is in GH's "Grand Plan". The UN-said yet.

My point wasn't that they would be competing only against NE groups, but that there aren't very many Open Class NE groups at the DCI events listed, and not very many purely open class events listed.

It seems there are more local opportunities to compete in DCA. Below is DCA's "sneak peek" schedule from their website (I pulled out the shows that were just to far from PA: FL, TX, MN, etc)...there are just more opportunities.

6/18/11 Wildwood NJ

7/2/11 Bridgeport CT

7/2/11 Manassas VA

7/9/11 Wayne NJ

7/9/11 Hornell NY

7/16/11 Rochester NY

7/23/11 Lawrence MA

7/30/11 Nashville TN

7/30/11 Lewisburg PA

8/6/11 Kingston NY

8/7/11 Troy NY

8/7/11 Allendale NJ

8/13/11 Cicero NY

8/13/11 Toms River NJ

8/20/11 Scranton PA

8/21/10 Secaucus NJ

8/27/11 Reading PA

I have nothing against Open Class groups...the first corps I marched in wasn't even Open Class (Class A back then) I spent 5 years in what would today be Open Class corps. My point is though, that looking at what is available today in the region, I can understand the decision to go with DCA instead.

First:

This part of your post was responding to the "What IF", part. And an EXAMPLE of " IF it was Year". Or of What "Could" be within Open Class DCI. It was NOT a proposed Schedule for them Next Year or anything.

Now as to the First 1/2 of the Schedule.

Yes it would mostly be with the groups in the Northeast area. How about becase the Cadtes2 made it Clear they wanted to Stay in that area. Also Very Important about those shows was. That they were " AT " DCI World Class Shows. So they would be out infront of a Crowd to see the Best DCI has to offer AND still get to COMPETE with Open Class groups. Like the "Spartans". Past Open Class winners, and to5 for many years. (Not exactly the Mt. Dung,Alaska "Snowballs")

Then in the 2nd half of their season would be againest a Larger field of Open Class groups more willing to Tour. Then among the 2nd 1/2 of the season ther are shows like this one (Right in their Home State, in Erie, PENN.

Blue Devils B - Concord, CA

Oregon Crusaders - Portland, OR

Spartans - Nashua, NH

Raiders - Wayne, NJ

Music City - Nashville, TN

7th Regiment - New London, CT

Legends - Kalamazoo, MI

Genesis - Edinburg, TX

Les Stentors - Sherbrooke, QU

Jubal - Dordrecht, The Netherlands

Blue Saints - Sudbury, ON

Platinum - Raleigh, NC

But Anyway. The Cadets2 have every right to Start and do whatever they like. But part of worries me more, was in a post on here that said. That maybe we do NOT know what is in GH's "Grand Plan". The UN-said yet.

• Like 1

My point wasn't that they would be competing only against NE groups, but that there aren't very many Open Class NE groups at the DCI events listed, and not very many purely open class events listed.

I have nothing against Open Class groups...the first corps I marched in wasn't even Open Class (Class A back then) I spent 5 years in what would today be Open Class corps. My point is though, that looking at what is available today in the region, I can understand the decision to go with DCA instead.

Oh no. Sorry, I did not think You had anything against DCI Open Class. I do think GH has.

Edited by 2B or not 2B

It seems there are more local opportunities to compete in DCA. Below is DCA's "sneak peek" schedule from their website (I pulled out the shows that were just to far from PA: FL, TX, MN, etc)...there are just more opportunities.

6/18/11 Wildwood NJ

7/2/11 Bridgeport CT

7/2/11 Manassas VA

7/9/11 Wayne NJ

7/9/11 Hornell NY

7/16/11 Rochester NY

7/23/11 Lawrence MA

7/30/11 Nashville TN

7/30/11 Lewisburg PA

8/6/11 Kingston NY

8/7/11 Troy NY

8/7/11 Allendale NJ

8/13/11 Cicero NY

8/13/11 Toms River NJ

8/20/11 Scranton PA

8/21/10 Secaucus NJ

8/27/11 Reading PA

There's no way he'd go Open Class given that he's said the division is not worth it. His options were a limited touring World Class corps, like Surf or DCA.

There's no way he'd go Open Class given that he's said the division is not worth it. His options were a limited touring World Class corps, like Surf or DCA.

Exactly.....Thats why theres no point in the ( I dont get why's) he decided his new corps doesn't want to tour, He has made it clear how he feels about OC, He does not want another WC corps or even a limited tour so it leaves DCA....seems pretty clear and we really don't have to get it, he does, after all it's his group isn't it? Besides do you really wanna understand him lol :w00t:

OH!!!! one more thing I'm very sure HE is enjoying all the publicity we are giving his new corps.....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ( the UGH was for him not his new corps..lol )

• Like 1

Exactly.....Thats why theres no point in the ( I dont get why's) he decided his new corps doesn't want to tour, He has made it clear how he feels about OC, He does not want another WC corps or even a limited tour so it leaves DCA....seems pretty clear and we really don't have to get it, he does, after all it's his group isn't it? Besides do you really wanna understand him lol :w00t:

OH!!!! one more thing I'm very sure HE is enjoying all the publicity we are giving his new corps.....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ( the UGH was for him not his new corps..lol )

I hear ya :tongue:

Correct and think it'd be late to start the DCA evaluation process to be allowed to compete at 2011 DCA shows.

Its my humble opinion that start up corps should just go judged exhibition the first year and not try and compete. Unless you know you are ready to hang with the big dogs that is. Cadets 2 will probably know if they are ready or not.

Too many advantages of going Judged Exhibition your first year and too many disadvantages going competitive.

Its my humble opinion that start up corps should just go judged exhibition the first year and not try and compete. Unless you know you are ready to hang with the big dogs that is. Cadets 2 will probably know if they are ready or not.

Too many advantages of going Judged Exhibition your first year and too many disadvantages going competitive.

Another good idea Ed that I never thought of (and shame on me for that one).

The shame is when Westshoremen came back we did a lot of judged exhibitions to get DCA feedback on where we needed to improve. I know DCI needs legal releases from all corps (including exhibitions) to be able to perform in a DCI show. No idea what DCA requires but sure YEA could provide the needed paperwork if necessary. With the interest C2 is generating here I'm sure they would be a help (read $$$$$) to any show sponsor in 2011, even in exhibition. If the corps waits until 2012 to appear in DCA, judged exhibitions would help them as they helped Westshore in 1975.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Another good idea Ed that I never thought of (and shame on me for that one).

The shame is when Westshoremen came back we did a lot of judged exhibitions to get DCA feedback on where we needed to improve. I know DCI needs legal releases from all corps (including exhibitions) to be able to perform in a DCI show. No idea what DCA requires but sure YEA could provide the needed paperwork if necessary. With the interest C2 is generating here I'm sure they would be a help (read $$$$$) to any show sponsor in 2011, even in exhibition. If the corps waits until 2012 to appear in DCA, judged exhibitions would help them as they helped Westshore in 1975.

no offence BUT I think you are talking way different situations... Im sure the cadets will be ready for whatever and if not they wont come out

• Like 1

no offence BUT I think you are talking way different situations... Im sure the cadets will be ready for whatever and if not they wont come out

besides that, I don't think DCA has done any judged exhibitions for what, maybe the last 30 years or so,..............but I could be wrong