Cadets2

DCA sees an idea and figures out a way to make it affordable before it says yes. DCI gets an idea, passes it, and then worries about paying the bills later

I gotta remember this one.... short and to the point...

• Like 1

And if doing what's in the best interests of YEA hurts DCI, how does that help YEA? There has be a point when a corps director/BoD member realizes what he votes on may not be the best for his group but it may be needed to help the activity survive.

I would think that every vote George makes he thinks is to the advantage of DCI, as well as YEA!.

Would have loved to been at the DCA meetings when Class A was created and it was decided to have them compete at DCA Finals. BoD members (top 10 corps) had to have been thinking of the activity before their own groups interests.

I doubt they do that any more than the DCI directors do when they vote.

• Like 1

OK, so it doesn't matter to the DCI BoD if the not member corps go under because it doesn't affect their own groups bottom line? Yeah, think I'll stick with DCA...

And that just gave me an idea for a new thread....

I just don't see how what the DCI voting members do is all that different from DCA. Both do the best jobs they can for their corps and the organization.

• Like 1

I gotta remember this one.... short and to the point...

Which doesn't mean it is true, just that it is short.

DCA also passed any key horns, which costs more than an amp, a couple of speakers and a few mics, and their pits are not any less full of instruments than those in DCI.

This idea that DCI admins are the devil while DCA admins are all angels is just plain wrong, IMO. Admins in both do the best they can for their corps and circuits.

• Like 2

Which doesn't mean it is true, just that it is short.

DCA also passed any key horns, which costs more than an amp, a couple of speakers and a few mics, and their pits are not any less full of instruments than those in DCI.

This idea that DCI admins are the devil while DCA admins are all angels is just plain wrong, IMO. Admins in both do the best they can for their corps and circuits.

DCA corps also saw the wisdom in selling G horns to alumni corps that helped pay for Bb brass.

and trust me, having been to DCA meetings, it's not all fun and games. But there is more of a collective thinking there than in DCI as we've seen in the last year

I just don't see how what the DCI voting members do is all that different from DCA. Both do the best jobs they can for their corps and the organization.

The devil is in the details. They may do the same high level things, but that's not the whole story.

Personally, I think we should take a wait and see approach to this. I'm excited to see what C2 could do...

DCA passing any key was IMO a cost saving measure for their corps. Having heard first hand the last 8 years, the used G market has dried up which would hurt/kill start up corps if DCA was G only. As for established corps getting new horns, there are moe Bb than G manufacturers which (hopefully) means a lower cost to replace can be found. C'mon Mike, passing all key didn't mean the corps had to replace all G horns.

This idea that DCI admins are the devil while DCA admins are all angels is just plain wrong, IMO.

Hope you didnt get this from my post. But I still stand by my opinion that DCA tries to hold down costs and watches out for the smaller/lesser corps better.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

DCA passing any key was IMO a cost saving measure for their corps. Having heard first hand the last 8 years, the used G market has dried up which would hurt/kill start up corps if DCA was G only. As for established corps getting new horns, there are moe Bb than G manufacturers which (hopefully) means a lower cost to replace can be found. C'mon Mike, passing all key didn't mean the corps had to replace all G horns.

Yet how many are still on G horns? Very few. The point I am making is that DCA admins and DCA admins both do what they think best for their organizations, both individual and as a group.

Hope you didnt get this from my post. But I still stand by my opinion that DCA tries to hold down costs and watches out for the smaller/lesser corps better.

I disagree on the 'better'.

The devil is in the details. They may do the same high level things, but that's not the whole story.

The 'details' will vary, because they are separate organizations, of course. I wouldn't expect the detail level activities to be the same.