The most overrated shows of the 90's

Oh, and all time worst show, spanning TWO decades.... "Saved by the Bell". If one can HATE a show, I HATED that show! shutup.gif

I'd like to add VK '92 to the list.

VK '87-'90 were all much better shows... '87 was my personal favorite and probably the best performed... '92 was good, but not worthy of the "classic countdown" a few years back...

I loved Saved by the BELLL!!!:fight:

• Like 1

I loved Saved by the BELLL!!!:fight:

Well, we can't agree on everything! tongue.gif

Personally, I like VK 92 more than 87 or 88. I like 'em zany, and this show delivered. Was it cleaner or better than 87 or 88? Probably not, but it entertained me, and that's what counts in my book.

Overrated? Honestly, I haven't seen too many 90's shows outside of 92, so I can't comment on that.

Don't get me wrong, I liked '92 too. '92 got on the "Classic Countdown while '87 - '90 didn't. I just thought those older shows were a better representation of VK at its best. Hence, I think '92 was over rated compared to the other years. All of those years were just great though. '87&'90, '92 are VKs best years competitively, so they mush have done something right! thumbup.gif

94 Cavies. Star 93 is over hyped now because people see how it changed the game.

BD 97 gets a tad over hyped tho I loved it personally, same for 99.

I'll throw Madison 96 in there. tried to repeat 95, but not nearly as good.

• Like 1

92 Cavies

92 Velvet Knights

96 Madison Scouts

98 Cadets

I find it really hard to find shows to nitpick about from the 90s. It's my favorite decade of drum corps.

Them fighting words.. I think that maybe one of the most underrated shows of all time... Still think it was the best drill ever written.

Them fighting words.. I think that maybe one of the most underrated shows of all time... Still think it was the best drill ever written.

I want to agree with you as it's one of my all-time faves, but there were issues with that show. The most glaring being the lead up to the frantic closer. Apparently, the horn line was supposed to be playing along with the percussion but the parts were cut (close enough to finals that not much was put in to replace them).

If you listen to it, you'll hear a lot of empty space and exposed pit parts that sound less than stellar.

Still an awesome show.

For me, a couple that spring immediately to mind -

'98 Cadets - I thought then (and still think now) that Stonehenge is just a terrible piece.

'98 Glassmen - in the middle of their "gold" years, I thought this one was, while a more technically proficient corps than the year before, the show itself was just ... meh. Not as friendly as '97 and not as sophisticated as '99.

Mike