The Chase Big Idea "compare and contrast" thread

How did I do that? What I did was defend what SFZFAN posted and poted my personal definition. My response to you was to try to give you a better idea that a rich country does not always translate (aka trickle down) to the less fortunate. And as far as rich, the city I deal with (Harrisburg) is trying to decide what form of bankruptcy they should persue.

that's nice that your city is bankrupt. However, the legal definition of bankrupt in the U.S. is very different from the reality of bankrupt in the poor places of the world.

• Like 1

Honestly: YEA has been far more aggressive trying to get the word out. Email blitzes (got 31 and counting), taking time from Spring training to make calls ( got 2), and having everyone bombard their friends on facebook. To be honest, few of the corps participating that I have seen have promoted DCI...because a vote for DCi could be one less for them.

I have seen over the weekend WGI and DCI hook up with some local circuits of the band and indoor world to help spread the word, so maybe it will pick up the pace

judging from my newsfeed, it looks like Cadets had a rehearsal block where the instructions were to update your facebook status and plug YEA/Chase, haha.

judging from my newsfeed, it looks like Cadets had a rehearsal block where the instructions were to update your facebook status and plug YEA/Chase, haha.

yep, very agressive. to some, too aggressive

• Like 1

yep, very agressive. to some, too aggressive

Yeah I am one of those people who thinks it is too agressive. It was fine during the first round. Agressive, postings throughout the day. Right now George is going through his friends list and posting on peoples' walls. One by one, the same message. It is to the point of spam. And is a tad ridiculous. And it has put me off from voting for them. I have voted for the other organizations, but it is just an obnoxious campaign right now. I know many will not agree with me, and George's aggressiveness will probably be what gets them the money. Doesn't mean I have to like his campaign.

• Like 2

Yeah I am one of those people who thinks it is too agressive. It was fine during the first round. Agressive, postings throughout the day. Right now George is going through his friends list and posting on peoples' walls. One by one, the same message. It is to the point of spam. And is a tad ridiculous. And it has put me off from voting for them. I have voted for the other organizations, but it is just an obnoxious campaign right now. I know many will not agree with me, and George's aggressiveness will probably be what gets them the money. Doesn't mean I have to like his campaign.

While I completely agree that is has been incredibly annoyingly aggressive it is clear they are the only drum corps affiliated organization with a shot at the big money. I am just as tried of getting emails and facebook messages as the rest of you, but it would be wrong to not support the only drum corp organization that still has a chance. Vote for all 5.

It's not wrong not to vote for them. Every non-profit on that list is a great cause in it's own way. I would love the money to go to one of the music organizations... but it is hard for me to vote for the one that is one of the most controversial in the activity in the first place, who was known to have money problems in the past, that is often their own fault. So I am not sure if the money will actually all be used in a proper way. And then they have to spam me on facebook? I know not many will agree with me. And I am okay with that. It's still possible they can pull it off without my vote. Which they will not get.

• Like 2

I just have my own views and opinions of YEA! I know many share them, and I know many disagree.

• Like 1

Please note that this contest is not winner take all. There are awards all the way down to 25th place and a few special awards as well. Every vote counts. I have given my 5 votes to drum corps because I know from personal experience what a positive impact this activity has had on mine and my family’s lives. We know all the drum corps listed provide life changing experiences and deserve your vote. A certain drum corps is a lifetime rival of mine and yes I proudly voted for them too. J

By virtue of what is provided to youth by all these drum corps you can be assured that these awards will be well spent. If I may, I would like to encourage a vote for the Blue Devils if you have not already done so. In this case the funding will be designated for the One Music One World program to provide outreach and mentorship and is outside the general funding of the corps. If you have not seen the wonderful work that is going on with the Field Band Foundation I encourage you to seek them out and other organizations like them. It is organizations like this that may share in the benefits that we have all received through our participation in this great activity called drum corps. Together your five votes can make a huge difference!