The Chase Big Idea "compare and contrast" thread

Understand the legal definitions Bob, but sometimes the heart over rules what's on a piece of paper. Then again I work in IT and disagree with a lot of documentation. :rolleyes: Now watch me accused of trying to be "morally superior" by posting this. :huh:

I also work in IT and formally accuse you of being morally superior. It's an IT thing. :tongue:

• Like 1

A couple of corps (along with DCI) are in the running for the "Big Idea" 500K:

SCV: http://apps.facebook...scv?src=twitter

BD: http://apps.facebook...the-blue-devils

Cadets: http://apps.facebook...ion-in-the-arts

Glassmen: http://apps.facebook...bugle-corps-inc

DCI: http://apps.facebook...inc?src=twitter

Who will you vote for? Why, or why not?

honestly I wish I could change a vote. It's public that I voted, yet for the last 2 days my email box has been bombarded by one group pushing to win.

I mean I'm all for promoting the cause...DCI and WGI sent out a couple. Fine.

28 in 3 days from one group is overkill. And after reading comments on Facebook by others, I am not alone in feeling this way

• Like 3

I wanted to see more "hows" on the DCI proposal. They have great goals listed, but no clear indication how they are going to achieve them. Things like this:

SPOTLIGHT THE PRESENT: Through technology & live interaction, this grant will connect thousands of students & millions of their fans worldwide in exciting new ways.

It sounds great, but how? Isn't this what they've been trying to do for the past umpteen decades? What will they be doing differently with the $500 grand?

Chase only gives you so much time for the commerical. They have ideas

• Like 2

honestly I wish I could change a vote. It's public that I voted, yet for the last 2 days my email box has been bombarded by one group pushing to win.

28 in 3 days from one group is overkill. And after reading comments on Facebook by others, I am not alone in feeling this way

nothing private anymore on the internet...so many kids are gonna be in such big trouble with all they post on face book.loss of jobs and school stuff already happening..sad u just cant vote and not get your soul sold to the masses

Gotta love Linda and her great work for the city!...

...but I digress.

As an avid arts supporter, I gave a few of my votes towards YEA and a few other DCI related groups. This thread shouldn't become moral arguments based upon what charities you "should" choose, it is about what the individual deems is worth one of his or her five votes. If you disagree, so be it, but people really need to stop having moral crusades against others . This is a blanket statement.

please, don't bring the Queen of Harrisburg...it'll make amps discussion look tame

• Like 3

nothing private anymore on the internet...so many kids are gonna be in such big trouble with all they post on face book.loss of jobs and school stuff already happening..sad u just cant vote and not get your soul sold to the masses

look, I think most of the causes are great. I made it known who I voted for 5 minutes after it went live.

but to STILL continue getting emails....I mean it's funny in a way since that group has a nickname of "the Borg" and has been called cultish in some circles.

and of course asking them to stop has gotten replies of "such a shame you wont support a good cause"

hey dumb #####...I did vote for you. Now I regret it

• Like 2

:) Noted.

I mean the city is 10 minutes away. Until she's out, I avoid it :tongue:

• Like 2

So turn off the notifications on Facebook.

There is an "edit settings" button on the page of the group(s) in question. You can tweak what you want, or don't want, to see.

Edited by chaddyt