The Saginaw Saloon

BD - In a class of their own muscally. Lots of dirt, but they were by far the most outstanding in my opinion. Visual was helped a lot by the props, definitely cool looking. Those horns can sure play, though. The battery was dirty but I love the composition, so I can't wait to hear what it sounds like when it cleans up. The poor guard had the worst wind out of everyone who performed, so I don't want to say much about them.

This is what I've always found funny. The average fan who has never marched before can't notice or appreciate the skill level of BD. And if someone who is golf clapping has marched before, grow up.

The average fan is 1) The one who buys the majority of tickets, 2)Is more learned than I think you give them credit and 3)Is allowed to golf clap...They bought the ticket.

If I'm at a show and I don't particularly like the show (not the performance), I'll give an appreciative clap. Don't expect me to jump up and throw babies for technicality without effect.

Edited by Directorofbands
  • Like 9

The average fan is 1) The one who buys the majority of tickets, 2)Is more learned than I think you give them credit and 3)Is allowed to golf clap...They bought the ticket.

If I'm at a show and I don't particularly like the show (not the performance), I'll give an appreciative clap. Don't expect me to jump up and throw babies for technicality without effect.

Yeah I agree with that, its simply the polite thing to do. He basically implied that since he didnt like the show, nobody did.

Don't you have to have.....oh, I don't know.....actually seen the show to vote? :blink:

Shh.... it's going to make someone's head explode when they look at the vote count, and realize how many more votes than people actually came in.... :devil:

The average fan who has never marched a DCI corps before can't notice or appreciate the skill level of BD.

I marched 8 total years, was in a corps that has beaten BD, and am familiar with DCI history and STILL think they get a lot of props and cred for a lot of park and blowing and easy to clean drill.

Not ALWAYS, but a lot of it.

• Like 6

I have an idea. This year, BD should bring out bar stools and tables. Have a fundraising raffle that will allow a lucky winner/fan to sit at the bar stool and table during the show, on the 50 yard line, on the front hash mark, with unfettered access to draft beer.

• Like 3