The Saginaw Saloon

It is clear you haven't seen a BD show since the 90s.

Now the DCI season has officially begun: we've already had the "Blue Devils never do anything difficult" nonsense.

In my experience, if something achieved by a high caliber musical group achieves something that seems hard, it's generally because they are talented enough to make it look natural/easy.

In Blue Devil's case, they don't attempt crazy difficult stuff every drill chart (no one does), but when they do they do it well with incredible technique and proficiency.

And on the flip side, there are a few corps who performed tonight in the Top 8 who have frequently performed relatively easy drum moves sloppily and making it look difficult due to their lack of control/mastering marching basics (for example, marching an 8-5 drill move while 'jazz running' to try to create the illusion/effect that what they're doing is difficult).

• Like 2

I had the same initial reaction as you but when you start plotting out the tour, TX sort of makes sense.

well..kinda.

but let's be honest, and I live in the East.

Cali gets screwed so often. They deserve this. Granted, I'm no fan of the concept and how it still can hurt DCI if you aren't one of the top 8, but it's time the state with easily the most rings gets some kind of love besides finals 1 time in 40 years

• Like 1

lol - no score tonight ! (or tomorrow night)

announcing them at the movies on monday night :-)

WHAT??? SO WHY AM I SITTING HERE REFRESHING THE SCREEN??!!!

I'm out!

• Like 1

I never said anything about liking or understanding the show.

It's like The English Patient.

Great acting. Great directing. Great cinematography. Everything executed at a high level.

... Film still bored me to tears.

• Like 1

OH MY GOD! SCORES PLEASE!!!!

Gotta wait til' Monday squid!

• Like 1

Now the DCI season has officially begun: we've already had the "Blue Devils never do anything difficult" nonsense.

In my experience, if something achieved by a high caliber musical group achieves something that seems hard, it's generally because they are talented enough to make it look natural/easy.

In Blue Devil's case, they don't attempt crazy difficult stuff every drill chart (no one does), but when they do they do it well with incredible technique and proficiency.

And on the flip side, there are a few corps who performed tonight in the Top 8 who have frequently performed relatively easy drum moves sloppily and making it look difficult due to their lack of control/mastering marching basics (for example, marching an 8-5 drill move while 'jazz running' to try to create the illusion/effect that what they're doing is difficult).

aw man the FUR is starting to FLY !!

:lol:

Personally, I want to see a season of shows that I enjoy. Period. There are always shows that are technically superior but downright boring. I want a season where I can pop the BluRay in and not have to skip a show!

• Like 3