Can SCV Break into the top 5?

2010 SCV – 7th place GE Music 37.250 Top score: 39.650

2009 SCV - 5th place GE Music 38.200 Top score: 39.650

2008 SCV – 7th place GE Music 37.200 Top score: 39.450

2007 SCV – 4th place GE Music 37.800 Top score: 39.300

2006 SCV – 6th place GE Music 36.600 Top score: 38.600

2005 SCV – 11th place GE Music 34.700 Top score: 39.800

I WANT TO SEE THEM WIN AGAIN! GR Royer would NEVER ACCEPT THIS!!! (period)

I ran the math, and that averages out to 6-ish... not 8th, just saying.

Yeah, I'd like to see them win too. I know GR wouldn't accept it, but Gail isn't here. As much as you, and I love Gail and everything he's done for us in the last 40 years, sadly, he isn't coming back. The corps has moved on. And at least were past the Dr. Len era. Things under Jeff are running smoother than they have in a long time, and they're trying to get the staff consistency that's been plaguing them lately. The corps I was in, and the corps you were in, was and is still SCV, and it will always be like that. The class, the heart, the goals, all of it is still the same. We learn the same lessons from out vets and alums that I'm sure you did. We do rookie trivia, to help the new kids learn about the history of their corps. I thank you for the time you put in, and everything you've done for the corps. But trust me, the corps is in good hands. We still work just as hard, with just as much passion to make the corps the best it can be, we still wear the star just as proudly.

• Like 2

Just on a side note, Vanguard's performance of "Send in the Clowns." Lord, that beautiful performance made me so happy. I dunno how anybody could listen to that hornline and say that the brass doesn't have much talent this year. Yeah, in the theater it could've been a bit louder but I'm sure that live it was even more beautiful.

So true. That performance made me cry, just like it does every time I hear them play it. It's such an amazing song, and has such a powerful connection to anyone who's ever been connected with that corps. And yeah, that hornline sounded great. The theatre could have been so much louder, especially at the push in Clowns, but it was just so great to sit there and just let the sound wash over me. It was so beautiful.

• Like 2

Things under Jeff are running smoother than they have in a long time, and they're trying to get the staff consistency that's been plaguing them lately.

No Feagin=lack of good consistency.

He's one of the most integral keys they replaced and his section got instantly worse. Not much of a coincidence in that one.

He's one of the most integral keys they replaced and his section got instantly worse. Not much of a coincidence in that one.

He left voluntarily. He wanted to go run his own band program in Texas, it's not like he was removed. Learning under Andre was amazing, he made us all better musicians, but Clemmer knows what he is doing. He has a couple of brass titles under his belt too, you know.

Again, quit harping on them being rough for the early season. This year's show is harder than the last two year's shows have been, and it's showing. At least they have the whole show out there, now they can clean it and make it sound good. And we had lots of brass problems last year, trust me on this one. But the time the corps come back to Texas, I think you'll be seeing a completely different SCV than you saw this last weekend.

I will agree that they should have held on to Feagin. Financial difficulty kept me from finishing the season with SCV last year, but I was honored to have stood in his horn arc. The man is a genius.

• Like 1

He has a couple of brass titles under his belt too, you know.

He had a couple of Michael Gaines and Richard Saucedo's under his belt.

I've seen early season SCV, in California, more than once. Don't try to play me off as some Texan, because I'm not and don't live there, I drove there. :-)

I'd like to point out that in the encore we heard last night from SCV, we heard some of the show music, and it sounded MUCH better than in the show.

That goes to show that what they are doing marchingwise on the field is presently kicking their butts. It will be much better in the end.

I have no worries.

• Like 4

I'd like to point out that in the encore we heard last night from SCV, we heard some of the show music, and it sounded MUCH better than in the show.

That goes to show that what they are doing marchingwise on the field is presently kicking their butts. It will be much better in the end.

I have no worries.

If that mattered, Cadets would have 25+ titles. Their shows kick their butts, and they sound great in the arc. They spend the whole season trying to get enough gas in the tank to make it to the end.

I have no worries.

Thank you. See, it's the show. They can play their show, if you ever watch them stand still and play, it's some amazing music. But they are RUNNING pretty much the whole show. Once the show stops kicking their butt visually, they will be able to play it. I say by the time San Antonio or Atlanta rolls around, they'll be pumping out the volume, and owning this show.

• Like 2