Your Theater Experience

We spent about $40 on 2 hot dogs, popcorn, nachos, and 3 med drinks (but they were pretty large). After the show, we went to Steak n' Shake and ate for 1/2 what we spent in the theater. Thieves--yes!

I had not been to a movie in years before DCI started broadcasting. I remember about 3 years ago thinking I would like some popcorn but when I saw that it was $10 I said screw that. I decided on some raisenetts for $4 but was really ###### when the little bag in the big box only had about 20.

Now I fill a water bottle with 7-up and a large pill bottle with Canada mints. When I go in I just say I need my water to take my pills and no one says anything

• Like 1

I have a reputation to uphold, Jeff.

I can't be seen in public with riff-raff like you.

:guinesssmilie:

hey now. Gut was 2 seats down...he's the riff raff. That jami girl too.

see if I invite you to Semi's in The Sunroom :tongue:

Or ... perhaps you will just end up even MORE confused. Bluecoats last year worked quite well for me without ever "understanding" it.

true. I remember listening to the 09 commentary from whatever regional and came away more confused than I was before

My girlfriend and I attended the event at the Cinemark in Sandusky, OH. There were about 30 people there, all varying in age. Pretty friendly crowd overall but a little hesitant to clap (save for Cavie's gravity-defying tenors).

I was thrilled with the corps' performances, and I echo the sentiments that I am amazed at the level of performance for mid-June.

The theater, however, was a MAJOR disappointment. Audio advertisements played over the first five minutes of the broadcast, cutting out DCI's audio. Volume was low, though I am willing to blame the Texan wind on that. The biggest offense happened during the Bluecoat's performance - the lights went up and the advertisements went on, completely cutting off the audio from the end of the ballad right up to the last chord of the show. Some choice words were thrown around the theater at this time. Couple this with the small errors on DCI's part of producing this and it led to a very unpleasant experience at this particular theater. Avoid Sandusky!!

I thought this was a good, fun way to kick off the season. All of the corps put on an entertaining performance, and most of the commentary was good. I was upset that most interviews ran right up to or past the first note of the performance, talking over some pre-show material. Just a small kink that I think will get worked out if DCI chooses to do this again (which I hope they do).

I am really excited to see how this season develops this summer!

hey now. Gut was 2 seats down...he's the riff raff. That jami girl too.

see if I invite you to Semi's in The Sunroom :tongue:

Oh.

What is this Sunroom you speak of?

im sure that cost more than the ticket...lol

Yeah, pretty much!

But that is how theaters make money. Not on ticket sales, but on concessions.

Went to the AMC Theatres in Eden Prairie, MN and the crowd was on the "mature" side.

The walk to theatre #14 was like going through an airport concourse but the multiplex was fine.

I sat down with my popcorn and $oda plus some peanut m&m's I $muggled in when I overheard the older gentlemen sitting next to me talking about looking forward to seeing last years top 10 shows! I tried to explain that they were about to see one of the first shows of THIS year. Well, I'm sure they thought I was some no-good, shifty youngin (I'm 48) and they were skeptical until one of them read their ticket and put 2 + 2 together!

I really enjoyed starting the night off like that. :satisfied:

Not sure that this event should be this early in the season but it's a great teaser for those of us who are ready to start our summer fix. It has me salivating for the live shows. I wouldn't attempt to review anything this early that I've only seen in a theatre. Since this medium only gives you the ability to look at what the camera is showing you and the season has only just begun - I'll just wait to be surprised and delighted at the way each show finds its voice.

If they do this again maybe they should try another state. (Not that the weather can be accurately predicted anywhere - but Texas?)

The show does act as a good commercial for the upcoming season and it was a nice look at what some of the other corps will be doing.

Praying for excellent weather for this years DCI MN after last years stormy bust!

Just a few days to my first live show of this season and it can't come soon enough!

Oh.

What is this Sunroom you speak of?

the back of my house where in past years we get a screen, hang it, attach the laptop to a projector, fire up the grill, and enjoy drum corps in a kind of outdoor setting with a drive in movie theater feel.

oh and the beer is cheaper