Why the TOC corps MAY be hard to catch...

TOC?? Here are the averages of the top 10 corps through 22 June, 2011. Look who is already ahead of some TOC Corps. It can, and will be done. I predict that at least one TOC will not repeat if it continues next year. There are at least two corps that could be in the mix that have yet to compete. Now that the head-to-heads have started with on TOC/Non-TOC corps, we will see even more movement.

The Cavaliers 74.583

Blue Devils 73.400

The Cadets 72.813

Carolina Crown 72.625

Phantom Regiment 69.988

Bluecoats 69.750

Madison Scouts 69.100

Santa Clara Vanguard 68.638

Blue Stars 66.817

Blue Knights 65.100

And there we go comparing apples and tractors again. Can we please stop comparing scores from different shows?? They are IRRELEVANT!

• Like 1

And there we go comparing apples and tractors again. Can we please stop comparing scores from different shows?? They are IRRELEVANT!

but you know it's done EVERY FREAKING YEAR....lol....I've given up yelling about it...

My thought is that if the 1 gets the job done in 6 and a half hours and the other 7 just work for 8 hours, but don't get the job done, which is really better?

Are we rewarding putting in the time, or are we rewarding for getting the job done? Also, this is sort of the hourly versus salary argument...

but if the show is not on the field, the job is not done... right?

but if the show is not on the field, the job is not done... right?

What's on the field is what's on the field. You have to judge that.

When you write a paper and you leave something out, the teacher grades what's there and the quality of what's there.

When you write a paper and you leave something out, the teacher grades what's there and the quality of what's there.

So if I am supposed to write a 40 page paper, and instead I write a 35 page paper, I don't get marked down? I wish you were my professors, heh

So if I am supposed to write a 40 page paper, and instead I write a 35 page paper, I don't get marked down? I wish you were my professors, heh

No, you write the 40 page paper, but you don't cover everything in the rubric, but what you did cover was perfect.... You still get an "A".

I wish you were my professors, heh

Only if you've got an 'A' paper.... tongue.gif

Edited by jjeffeory

If my students get a 1000 word paper to write and they only hand in 800, I tear it up and they must write 2,000 for the next day. Yea, I'm THAT teacher ( imagine having to write 2000 words on "what's so funny about the Shakers and Simple Gifts " (( smart ### drummer ))) :ph34r:

• Like 1

Not my prof's. If something was left off that the rubric specified....I don't get the points for what was left out.

That's the point of the rubric.

However, the point of all of this conversation is DCI's "rubric" doesn't give a penalty for not finishing the show.

• Like 1

I did some research and here is how the rankings are :

The Cavaliers 74.583

Blue Devils 73.400

The Cadets 72.813

Carolina Crown 72.625

Phantom Regiment 69.988

Bluecoats 69.750

Madison Scouts 69.100

Santa Clara Vanguard 68.638

Blue Stars 66.817

Blue Knights 65.100