DCA AND DCI JOIN FORCES!

Cmon Glen , There has to be some hidden agenda in this venture :rolleyes:

Freemasons.

Blame it all on the Freemasons. :ph34r:

yeah youre right...for sure...yet your circuit historically has its marathon season...

OK, how long are the DCI and DCA seasons anyway? Hell we were just posting on the Westshore thread how we'd be a few weeks into the season by now BITD.

OK, how long are the DCI and DCA seasons anyway? Hell we were just posting on the Westshore thread how we'd be a few weeks into the season by now BITD.

That Memorial Day weekend-to-Labor Day weekend thing.

Now THAT was a marathon. And we LIKED it, dadgummit!!! :tongue:

That Memorial Day weekend-to-Labor Day weekend thing.

Now THAT was a marathon. And we LIKED it, dadgummit!!! :tongue:

Even weekend too... but there was that getting paid thing that Hershman valued so highly for some reason.... oh yeah, corps was broke after reforming.

LOL, 1976 can remember having one weekend off that season. I went to the Sr show in Hershey. :tongue: Only reason we weren't invited was Chocolatiers did the exhibition (their show).

That's true, but it wouldn't have to be called that. Just call it a "show".

ok. look at this logically. Say they combine finals. So in Mid August you have the World Championships.

oh and hey, you got two "shows" after finals.

I remember going to Eastern States finals usually a week or two after DCI...and you'd see 60-70% of the Crossmen corps on the field.

Needless to say, fans didn't like it

yeah youre right...for sure...yet your circuit historically has its marathon season...its a good things its in Wildwood cause you many not have any participants..lol.. :tongue: ..all kiddin aside. If i heard it once over the years ive heard it a zillion times how anti climatic it is after WGI to have a championships...I believe the only ones left is the Wildwood show and one in S Cali. other circuits shut it down for the reason you say.

few of our member groups that go to Dayton go to Wildwood tho. There used to be a lot more of them, but especially with schools, you can't get out that many days, and the expenses to do both are staggering. We know this and we're ok with it. Sure, having some of the Dayton groups do Wildwood would have been awesome, but we understand why they didn't. Our fan base is far more parent based than DCA and DCI have, and few know the difference.

Ok, here's the deal ...

We are joining forces to do things together that will A) Promote the activity in general, B) Grow the fan base, and C) Save BOTH of us money in the process. We're not having joint championships, we're not shortening our season, and as far as show design and style are concerned, we JUST changed our rules to reward corps for producing and performing fan-friendly shows. Show design and programming are things that we've never even DISCUSSED with each other.

The days of "Hold a show and they will come" are LOOOONG gone. Today we have to compete against 700 cable TV channels, the very same internet you're logged into right now, Xbox, PlayStations (I own all the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games myself), iPods, iPads, ANGRY BIRDS (hopelessly addictive game), FaceBook, the list is endless. We are long past the era when there were only SIX TV broadcast channels IN NEW YORK CITY!

Add to that a bad economy, high unemployment, $4 gas, do I need to go on?

This is what we're up against. So anything that DCA and DCI can do together, to make us bigger, better, and healthier, well folks, we're gonna do it. Pssst. Big secret ... we've enjoyed a good relationship with our friends at DCI for a number of years. They do their thing, we do our thing. But some things we can do together. So why the heck not? :)

Glen

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

maybe with all his experience and success and to keep him busy and out of DCI business DCI will put HOP in charge of overseeing the Band areas...lol.now that would be interesting to many.....lol :tugowar:

somehow, after last year, I don't think so :tongue: