Metamora Mayhem

do it.... :devil:

I want too but....

http://tempest.aos.wisc.edu/radar/mwcompflash.html

this doesn't look promising. Ignore the first wave, look at how the backside is developing...right about show time. I could get all technical and talk about where the front is looking to set up and how much Cape is available and will the Cap break, but I wont. Sorry, its what I do for a living.

I'm NOT SAYING its gonna rain for the show (yet) but...i'm not sure I wanna take than chance driving 2 hours each way either (saving for other shows)

Based on the fact that Blue Stars have recognizable music with melody throughout the show, I think it will actually be close. Really, it comes down to how much "insurance spread" SCV's percussion can deliver. Last year, PR's drums routinely brought 1-2 pts of spread to the table against the other mid-pack corps, keeping them in the game. If SCV does the same, they will beat Blue Stars. However, if the drum spread is lees than a point, Blue Stars may in fact overcome them with an obvious GE advantage.

You've got theme music from a couple blockbuster movies against non-melodic music major chromatic scales......this will be interesting.

And with Blue Stars beating Bluecoats in drums last night their line is finally competing with the upper echelon corps, curious to see what the percussion spread will be with SCV.

Thank you, the last time I guaranteed anything I was embarrassingly wrong.

It's OK - what you guaranteed wasn't all that realistic at the time. :tongue:

You could be right, but the evidence so far this season indicates that the judging is not necessarily in line with the last decade or so. Progamming wise, this is not Ballet for Martha. Instead, SCV has brought to the field perhaps the least audience-accessible program in the activity this summer, and that could be a liability for them.

Oh, I know it's not Ballet. I loved that show, I loved every second of performing it. But I don't think this one is the least audience-accesible. All of the music flows together very well, and I still think that "The Eternal Knot" is going to be the ballad of the year.

I think their program could be a liability at the TOC shows, where they're trying the experimental judging sheets for next year. But maybe their execution will still be enough to keep them on top, but that's just me. I still think that SCV will win the percussion trophy this year, and probably pop into the Top 5, if they super clean for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Oh, I know it's not Ballet. I loved that show, I loved every second of performing it. But I don't think this one is the least audience-accesible. All of the music flows together very well, and I still think that "The Eternal Knot" is going to be the ballad of the year.

I think their program could be a liability at the TOC shows, where they're trying the experimental judging sheets for next year. But maybe their execution will still be enough to keep them on top, but that's just me. I still think that SCV will win the percussion trophy this year, and probably pop into the Top 5, if they super clean for the rest of the season.

Seeing that you recently marched there and reviewing my comments, I didn't mean to come off as strongly as I did. SCV was and is a great drum corps, and I also enjoyed last year's show. But, watching them in the movie theatre, they just seemed to stick out in terms of their music being not very approachable to non-music majors. God, even BD is playing stuff this year that people have heard (albeit in their dentist's chair)...anyway, best of luck to your team and everyone else this week!

Seeing that you recently marched there and reviewing my comments, I didn't mean to come off as strongly as I did. SCV was and is a great drum corps, and I also enjoyed last year's show. But, watching them in the movie theatre, they just seemed to stick out in terms of their music being not very approachable to non-music majors. God, even BD is playing stuff this year that people have heard (albeit in their dentist's chair)...anyway, best of luck to your team and everyone else this week!

It's fine, I didn't mean to come off as a jerk or anything. I have really enjoyed the Blue Stars since '05 or so, when I got into DCI, and I like this year's show. I think that SCV's show is just going to need the time to develop. Now, this may be biased, but I honestly believe it is one of the 3 hardest shows out there this year, and it's going to take all the work they can put into it to make it clean. I always feel like SCV has been the corps to bring new music to the field, and make it recognizable and exciting. I mean, their version of "Adagio for Strings" is still the go-to version. I just see a lot of the 2000 show in this one, the programming and performance are pretty close.

Best of luck to all of the corps, I'm sure it will be a huge dog-fight all of the way to Finals! Good luck to everyone tonight.

Just so this thread doesn't get bogged down in a Blue Stars vs SCV battle...

GO SPIRIT OF ATLANTA!!!

Good luck to all the Corps tonight!

• Like 4

Just so this thread doesn't get bogged down in a Blue Stars vs SCV battle...

GO SPIRIT OF ATLANTA!!!

Good luck to all the Corps tonight!

I'm actually more excited to see the Troopers and Spirit battle it out tonight! I do think these will be the two that will be battling hardest for that last finals spot!!!

Well..I googlemapped it. I'm in the QC. its more like 2 hours away...i'd get home at midnight with a 5am wake up call...buuuut....its the Vanguard. IDK. shoot!!

:doh:

Heh, well, I shouldn't talk, because I *didn't* go to the Davenport show precisely because 2 hours was just a little too far for a weeknight. :lookaround:

Edited by skywhopper