DCI Minnesota 16 July 2011

For what it's worth, my casual-fan wife's reactions to the top six corps on her first viewing of any of their shows:

Cavaliers: Mad World was her favorite show last year. She liked the show this year, but felt the theme was a less interesting and a little too on-the-nose: yes they are all men, we get it.

Crown: She was very impressed and really liked the show after being very skeptical when I told her about it. Helps that she likes pretty much all the Rock music they picked (she's not familiar with the Rach music they used).

Blue Devils: She was very skeptical about a Burt Bacharach show. Without any mention or prompting from me, she also complained about the choppiness of the "Say a Little Prayer" arrangement. She was ambivalent about the show--liked parts of it, and agreed they performed it very well, but the arrangements were sometimes annoying and she rated the props very negatively.

Cadets: She specifically commented on how awesome the visual effect was from the uniforms, and she really liked the music as well.

Phantom: Another enjoyable show with good music and she's looking forward to seeing more of the guard at the show tomorrow.

Bluecoats: She *loves* Creep, and enjoyed the rest of the show.

The ballad ending was MUCH better before (watch Denver). Even the crowd clapped more. I just hate it when they remove something that I loved in a show.

Quote regarding Phantom.

I agree. I think this was a BAD move!

• Like 1

For what it's worth, my casual-fan wife's reactions to the top six corps on her first viewing of any of their shows:

Bluecoats: She *loves* Creep, and enjoyed the rest of the show.

Ha; TOTALLY agree with your wife on that! Really like what Doug Thrower did with Radiohead (and, really, Scala & Kolacny Brothers)'s "Creep." For me personally it's a great way to hook me into their show!

• Like 1

A shout out to the Blue Knights! You guys were great. After having your food truck struck by lightening, your bus stuck in mud, rain for 5 hours and a school with a non-stop fire alarm you guys deserve an :thumbup: Love the show.

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom
  • Like 1

Methinks after how hard it was to clean 2007, 2008, and 2009 they've taken a more conservative approach to the ending drill.

Please. They've had better endings than those. 2000, 1998 for example. If they change it soon, they'll be in a much better position to clean it. I'm just kinda tired of them ending the show with a company front. It's getting old.

This battle for 12th place is the best one we've had maybe ever.....it's all going to come down to who the judging panel is at semi's.... and don't look now but the Colts are starting to put that show together rather nicely anyone who's written them off better think again.

Okay, who LIKED BD?! I did.

I loved BD!

I also loved The Cavaliers, The Cadets, Bluecoats, Blue Stars, Boston Crusaders, and Santa Clara Vanguard.

I'd like to say that it was a pleasure watching every corps tonight on the webcast.

Shows that I think will rise in the rankings now that a more accurate show lineup has been established for the next regional: Spirit, SCV, Cadets

That's as close as I'll get to making negative statements because it's all just so darn good.

• Like 2

While the are definitely in the hunt score wise...I don't think their show will do it for them this year...but what the heck do I know anyway..I've been wrong so many times before...LOL

Yeah.. this show reminds me a lot of another show that fell short of finals just a few years ago, complete with swan lake, the swan, and a guard soloist in a similar looking white outfit.. (blue stars 07)