DCI Minnesota 16 July 2011

So we all beg for BD to do a more fan friendly show, and when they do, we still give em crap? ok, got it :rock:

You knew that would be the case. In the end, the BD hate is misplaced jealousy at the success they've had. People don't hate on groups that have only had moderate success. It's why very few people hate on Phantom.

• Like 3

1 Cavs

2 BD

3 Cadets

4 Crown

5 BC

6 PR

7 SCV

8 scouts

9 BS

10 Boston

11 BK

12 Spirit

So Cavaliers get crap for "not playing while marching" but Blue Devils get away with it? Anytime they've played something other than a whole note theyve been standing stock still!

Judging this is so difficult. Cadets ( for just one example ) play their brass WAYY more than do the BD is their show. On the other hand, when BD does play ( about half their show ) they sound unbelievable, imo.

Its next to impossible to compare and contrast such completely different shows, imo. Oh well.

So we all beg for BD to do a more fan friendly show, and when they do, we still give em crap? ok, got it :rock:

"fan friendly" implies that the fans are enjoying it. So far as I've heard from crowds seeing them live the response has been lukewarm at best. I truly enjoy the music and it will be well played on my cd, but there is nothing engaging visually. Crowds now (most of them) need SOMETHING visually interesting every once in a while to keep them engaged and go "ooooooo". I'm not saying that's right or wrong but it's how it is. For me, there's nothing like that from BD.

• Like 1

You're all terrible people, really. I hate people who just sit behind a freaking keyboard all day and bash, quite frankly it pisses me off. You can dislike a show, but you're all going too far. NO other corps is getting that. :thumbdown: BD's a great corps that's performing a HELL of a program and pulling it off. They sold me tonight, I love it. :thumbup:

• Like 4

Okay folks, its prediction time!!!

Here is HOW I WOULD SCORE IT, what about you?

85.9 - Crown (I can't believe I just did that!)

85.8 - Cavies

84.9 - Cadets

83.8 - Blue Devils

81.9 - Bluecoats

81.5 - Blue Stars

80.7 - Phantom Regiment

80.5 - Madison Scouts

80.4 - SCV

79.8 - BAC

77.5 - Blue Knights

77.4 - SOA

77.3 - Glassmen

Me like!!!

Do you really think it's gonna be that tight among BK, SOA, and G-men?

Big fat upsets tonight.

Crown

Cadets

Cavies

Bluecoats

Blue Devils

Phantom

Santa Clara

Blue Stars

Blue Knights

Madison

Boston

Spirit

Man, watching Blue Devils perform is like watching Travis Pastrana do a double backflip on a motocross bike. He makes it look so easy, you'd think anybody could do it. But only he can do it.

Blue Devils have such complete mastery over tempo changes, stylistic changes, volume control, attacks and releases it is incredible. Nobody can do what Blue Devils do, the way they do it.

It wouldn't surprise me if they won tonight.

THANK YOU. Agreed. I don't care if it wins or not, this show is one of my favorites. And the new closer drill is so much more effective. I love it! :thumbup:

• Like 1

lower the scores by about 3 points and you may have something

eh the scores gotta jump sometime. Im more interested in the spreads anyway