Are Cavies really 1.4 points better than Crown?

Some people have a hard time seeing the entire picture when it comes to judging. Now I couldn't sit down and assign points to determine who should come in first and who shouldn't, but it doesn't take a genius to see the finishing order. For the most part I've been right on the money.

We can try to break down each caption just to make ourselves feel better or to create this sense of hope in "our" corps outcome but all that does is take us away from enjoying each corps contribution and performance.

At the end of each season the only ones complaining are those that come in second. For the most part the judges get it right...except in 1977, 1978, 1979, 1989, and 2006.

I'm not gonna even point out how ridiculous that statement is.

Machine won for a reason. It takes more than pretty sounds to win in this activity.

It takes more than pretty sounds to win in this activity.

And plenty of those sounds weren't even pretty :devil:

Back on topic, I think the Cavies are better than Crown (and BD and Cadets), but with deviations in the judging panels, it could be anywhere from 0.5 to 2.0 points...it just depends on the night and the panel.

Now it's 1.9. So I guess 1.4 was a little gift from the judges last night... Let's make another thread to point out that our favorite corps is being scored lower than Cavies.

And now it's 0.95. So on average for the past three days, we're back to a spread of 1.4 between Cavaliers and Crown.

And now it's 0.95. So on average for the past three days, we're back to a spread of 1.4 between Cavaliers and Crown.

FWIW heard that the TOC show was a not such a good run for the entire corps. Didn't really talk about tonights run (scores had not been announced) other than her personal show (which was a good one). Yay for phone calls from tour :-)

Edited by corpsband

I'm not gonna even point out how ridiculous that statement is.

Machine won for a reason. It takes more than pretty sounds to win in this activity.

I am not sure you realize what he was actually saying.

He mentioned 77,78,79,89,& 2006 for a reason. Those are all of the years that Regiment got second. In other words, he is a Phantom Regiment Alum and he was being funny.

I thought Crown's show was phenomenal tonight. Cavie were great as well but that much better?

aparrently when the tabs punch in the numbers by all the guys and gals in the blue or green shirts, it adds up that way

• Like 1

Some people have a hard time seeing the entire picture when it comes to judging. Now I couldn't sit down and assign points to determine who should come in first and who shouldn't, but it doesn't take a genius to see the finishing order. For the most part I've been right on the money.

We can try to break down each caption just to make ourselves feel better or to create this sense of hope in "our" corps outcome but all that does is take us away from enjoying each corps contribution and performance.

At the end of each season the only ones complaining are those that come in second. For the most part the judges get it right...except in 1977, 1978, 1979, 1989, and 2006.

I have different misses too..... Just 1996 and 2008 :devil:

• Like 2