What Would You Get Rid Of?

OTOH

IF they manage to overtake Cavies and

IF they hold off Cadets and BD and

IF they managed to win at Finals

you have to admit -- that would be an awesome addition to a post-show run :-)

(as an aside -- i would never actually suggest such a thing. talk about bad juju wacko.gif but it's a fun thing to imagine anyway )

I kinda see it like the end of the race in Triple Crown, when the Crown "horse" won. And they should get the fan favorite again, because of how engaging there show is with the audience this year.

This is intended as a general response to the concept of higher expectations and not a rebuttal to chaddyt specifically.

I guess we've reached a point in what we expect that just having corps members moving around on stilts isn't ExtraordinarY enough.

Blue Devils build a house, but they left out the swimming pool. The Cadets mesh the angels and demons together, but they don't re-create the scene where Linda Blair levitates off the bed in "The Exorcist." Carolina Crown performs "We Will Rock You" but leaves out "We Are the Champions." Bluecoats...etc.

If I may rebut you're rebuttal. :)

It's not that I don't think the stilt thing is cool. It is. But consider the other "big moment" they've done in other parts of their show. They've taken elements of drum corps we're accustomed to seeing and applying them in an extraordinary fashion. Drummers, UPSIDE DOWN, playing drums.

Guard members, ON STILTS, ..... walking?

Again, it's not that I don't think it's cool. But at this stage of the season, it's just a little stale for me. Perhaps it would've been cool to bust the stilts out closer to Indy?

All that being said, I'm sure the Cavies are working to spice it up and add another element to it.

Someone needs to introduce a rule that puts a decible limit on the goo (if we can't get rid of it entirely.)

or just have the judges lay some smackdown on offenders scores. that'd work better

• Like 2

Not sure what you mean about it being a blatant rip off -- Kevin Ford wrote the drill for this Blue Stars show as well.

The ramp is supposed to be a spy tower for the CIA, who chases around Jason Bourne.

They aren't done with the spy tower yet, there will be more added to it, and the trash bags will go.

Is the spy tower from Ludlum's Bourne novels? (I haven't read them.) I don't remember that from the recent films.

Crown - I'd ditch the stage dive off the light pole. I think it's pretty obvious we're at a rock concert. No need to bludgeon us over the heads with it.

Next time you watch the show live ... watch Herbert. He's the guard member that girl is dancing with before her "stage dive." He'll be closer to the 50. When she falls, he falls to the ground of out, what seems like, grief. I think you have misjudged this part of the show. There is more going on there.

I'd get rid of DCP users who constantly have to spew rhetoric, no matter how over-blown, exaggerated or even downright false it may be

Oh, and FWIW, your really only refers to Bluecoats. Every other corps performing in those shows is a former DCI Champion (Blue Stars = Div 3 Champs, Crown = Div 2 Champs, BD, Cavaliers, Cadets, Phantom Regiment, & SCV = World Champs). If a former 'actual champion' rises up the ranks to place Top 8 consistently, they will be able to perform in ToC shows as well.

Carolina Crown Facebook...

"Madison Scouts, Boston Crusaders, and Blue Knights are all having great years. Will one or more of them break into the elite top 8 corps at Finals? You will need to see them at FirstBEAT in Summerville, SC on 8/1"

This statement is open for interpretation of course...

• Like 2

body movement irks me, but that's about it... that and the stupid use of synths... but i think amplification is okay (i'm a pit person)

• Like 1

props

I can't think of any props this year that do anything more than clutter the field.

They just scream High School band show to me.

• Like 3

props

I can't think of any props this year that do anything more than clutter the field.

They just scream High School band show to me.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

• Like 1