The Stars at Night are Big and Bright...

Phantom BLEW me away tonight!!! Elsa's was just on fire. I don't know what the response was up top, but on the lower level they were already standing before the last chord ended. Best crowd reaction from the whole night.

I Loved Crown and Bluecoats as well!

Here's how I did the crowd voting

1. Phantom (See above. Easily my favorite show)

2. Crown (Cheesy? Maybe? But melt all of it you can and pour it all over me a la Cesario)

3. Cadets (Still hoping they get rid of the pink but I still love this show)

4. Bluecoats (They had me at "Creep")

5. Cavies (I liked it and there were quite a few "wow" moments, but that's about it).

6. SCV ( I really like this show. Yeah, it's not fan friendly and it's not my favorite of the year but I am coming away humming parts of the show.)

7. BD (I loved this show a month ago when I saw them in Clovis. Tonight? I don't what it was. Didn't like it at all!)

8. Blue Stars (Was still trying to get to our seats so can't give a fair analysis)

Remember, these are just MY opinions. :cool:

Edited by skajerk
  • Like 3

Geez, you and I are thinking the same thing.

it's happened before. it's a great effect...but the guard sheet as I understand it really isn't about effect

• Like 1

Congrats to Phantom's Color Guard.

Last time they won Color Guard at DCI was 1988.

Perhaps, they could win it this year!

Probably the "most improved" in any category this year goes to Phantom's Guard.

and here we heard all winter that going all female would kill them. yet they've won guard a few times this summer

• Like 3

it could IF not done well by all...its all guard at that point

that's what i was thinking. Now I didn't see tonight show, but on the Minnesota feed I could tell it wasn';t clean. So that's my guess

SCV Pht. of the Opera years...thats who they remind me of..........crazy clean I will give them that

i had the same thought. Remember all the hand wringing by many in here? Oh no, going all female? they're doomed.

What did many of us say...if it fits the show...and it does...and they're being rewarded for it.

and i get 2 red marks for throwing that in their faces./...proof the DCP red/green contest is hysterically stupid

• Like 2

i had the same thought. Remember all the hand wringing by many in here? Oh no, going all female? they're doomed.

What did many of us say...if it fits the show...and it does...and they're being rewarded for it.

and i get 2 red marks for throwing that in their faces./...proof the DCP red/green contest is hysterically stupid

nice and very clean equipment book but i do think depending who is judging they could go from top to mid range because movement is dated...But going all female for sure isnt hurting this group at all and kidos the those cleaners..Ive always said a good tech is maybe even more valuable than some writers or at least equal

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

musical + unpredictable = amazing season