Make Finals outdoors, PLEASE!

we'll let you know when you do.

the were outside, in rain, with electronics at Allentown, and no issues.

if you go to a field with drainage in place, you have far fewer issues except for one offs.

there, sense made

Not really

Not really

what doesn't make sense Ed? I have to laugh. You're Mr brass lines dont sound like they used to, DCi sucks etc in the DCA forums offering your views from the comfort of your living room and watching a dvd.

Now here, you're touting the company line.

Will the real Ed Mason please stand up?

• Like 1

what doesn't make sense Ed? I have to laugh. You're Mr brass lines dont sound like they used to, DCi sucks etc in the DCA forums offering your views from the comfort of your living room and watching a dvd.

Now here, you're touting the company line.

Will the real Ed Mason please stand up?

I am right here.

Brass lines don't sound the way they use to. DCI has had some major suck age in the past. I hate electronics. All of this is still true.This year was MUCH better in both the LIVE performances I witnessed AND the DVD's that I have watched from my living room as you put it. All of that still holds true. Not sure why you are coming off as I am not some sort of stand up guy. The facts are the facts and I stand behind ALL of my previous statements and have not contradicted myself. Heck I even found myself loving Cadets and supporting them this season. Something I have not been able to do in the past few years. When your right your right.

No company line here. Ive added up all the pros to having shows in the domes. There are just too many pros and not enough cons to convince me that there is a need to pull out of Indy. Your mileage may vary. Seems like I have heard that before.

Been to the dome shows in Atlanta several times. Have heard from people that I trust and depend on to give me accurate and non bias reports from LOS. Things are getting better there. Its gonna take time to get it right. Progress is happening. Let it happen.

Yes, really. The danger with electronics isn't rain or the equipment getting wet. It's cables in standing water/deep puddles.

I totally get that part.

DCi sucks

I say this so there is no confusion.

Since about 2005 I have had some real issues with DCI,,particularly the direction they went with programming and the use of narration,singing and electronics.

Lets jump to 2011. DCI did a 180 this season in my eyes and estimation. The listened to the fans complaints and made some MAJOR changes in programming. There was a huge verity of programming this year and even the majority of the artistically based shows were effective and entertaining. Just look at the Cadets if you need a example. There was so much to consume in DCI this year that it made the season very enjoyable for me. With that said I was able to let go a lot of the anger towards electronics and just roll with it. So many pros this season I just had to let go some of the cons. DCI cannot be all to all people. I know I have heard that somewhere before.

While I will continue to gripe, complain and moan about the use of electronics and the fact I hate it I saw a couple of shows where it was used effectively and not abused. I am certain that the CC would not have come off as strong as it did without the use of electronics. They certainly got my vote for use of effective electronics.

As far as abuse of electronics my vote goes to Blue Stars. Great show visually and the hornline sounded awesome at times but they covered so much of the good up with gooey electronics it almost made me vomit.

I am right here. Brass lines don't sound the way they use to. DCI has had some major suck age in the past. I hate electronics. All of this is still true.This year was MUCH better in both the LIVE performances I witnessed AND the DVD's that I have watched from my living room as you put it. All of that still holds true. Not sure why you are coming off as I am not some sort of stand up guy. The facts are the facts and I stand behind ALL of my previous statements and have not contradicted myself. Heck I even found myself loving Cadets and supporting them this season. Something I have not been able to do in the past few years. When your right your right. No company line here. Ive added up all the pros to having shows in the domes. There are just too many pros and not enough cons to convince me that there is a need to pull out of Indy. Your mileage may vary. Seems like I have heard that before. Been to the dome shows in Atlanta several times. Have heard from people that I trust and depend on to give me accurate and non bias reports from LOS. Things are getting better there. Its gonna take time to get it right. Progress is happening. Let it happen.
knowing you, watching oneshow in a dome would change your mind. I have the luxury of teaching with two kids who just performed in there. they hated it. and for an audio/visual activity, that the audio suffersfor even 25% of the paying crowd, that's a HUGE con. <BR><BR>plus I've been saying DCI did a great job with show programming this year. Not arguing you there Edited by Jeff Ream

knowing you, watching oneshow in a dome would change your mind.

I have the luxury of teaching with two kids who just performed in there. they hated it.

and for an audio/visual activity, that the audio suffersfor even 25% of the paying crowd, that's a HUGE con.

If we're ever at an outdoor stadium where it's raining all day, then 100% of the paying crowd suffers. The trick now is to get things fine-tuned so that everyone has good sound. I just interviewed a DCI timpanist for DCI.org...spent eight hours Wednesday with him and his parents from out of the country. He thought the sound was fine. I guess different people have different reactions...and I also guess if someone goes to a marcher with a positive spin, that will be reflected in their answer. And if they go to the marcher with a negative spin, that too will be reflected in the answer.

We'll be at Lucas Oil Stadium for awhile. With the increase in attendance, the bail-out clause is certainly not going to be activated. So, the question is...how do we make this thing work for everyone while keeping everyone comfortable?

Just bring it back to Denver. That's the best stadium acoustically.

If you ignore the lower air density which has a significant effect on acoustics.

knowing you, watching oneshow in a dome would change your mind.

Ive watched several shows in domes over the years. Most recently Georgia dome 2009. Many BOA shows in domes. And yes there are sound issues that I disagree with. But its not the end of the world. Ill take some echos over no show at all and for the safety of our kids and spectators.